CARABAO CUP SEMI FINAL WEDNESDAY: We preview Wednesday’s Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg between MAN CITY v MAN U with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
MANCHESTER CITY V MANCHESTER UNITED
7.45pm This tie was effectively put to bed by Manchester City in the first leg, but we have seen massive comebacks from Manchester United before so they might surprise us. Of course, it would be a massive surprise if this Manchester United was able to do it! They haven’t got the same quality they had years ago and despite a smooth 6-0 win in the FA Cup at the weekend, the manager is still under pressure after losing to Burnley in the Premier League at Old Trafford.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Manchester City 1.33, Manchester United 10.0 and the draw is 6.4. Manchester City had a smooth 4-0 win the FA Cup at the weekend, and although they won the first leg 3-1 it’s hard to see Guardiola resting his best players here in a Manchester Derby – especially with their chance of winning the Premier League gone.
Manchester United have had some success here while Guardiola has been in charge, but with the injures they are carrying at the moment it’s hard to see anything but a home win. Such are United’s problems at the moment, it’s a case of how many for City rather than will they win. City are trading 1.9 -1.5 goals and that looks cracking value – United aren’t creating many chances with Rashford out and with City in good goal scoring form again, they can cover the handicap easily here.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Manchester City -1.5 goals to beat Manchester United at 1.9.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQCaraSF2
- Manchester City have won just one of their last five home matches against Manchester United (W1 D1 L3), all in the Premier League between 2016 and 2019.
- Man Utd are looking to record consecutive away victories against Man City for the first time since winning four in a row between November 1993 and November 2000, with all wins in that run coming in league games.
- In all competitions, the home side has won just two of the last 11 matches between Man City and Man Utd (W2 D2 L7) – indeed, the away side has won five of the last six, including each of the last three.
- Only one of the previous 29 teams to win a League Cup semi-final first leg by two or more goals have then been eliminated, with Tranmere Rovers going out against Aston Villa in 1993-94 (3-1 first leg, 1-3 second leg, lost 5-4 on penalties).
- Manchester City are looking to become only the third team to reach three League Cup finals in a row, after Liverpool (four in a row between 1981 and 1984) and Nottingham Forest (1978 to 1980).
- Since the start of the 2017-18 season, Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford has been directly involved in more League Cup goals than any other player (6 goals, 3 assists). However, the England forward will miss this match through injury.
- Manchester City have scored exactly three goals in all of their League Cup matches so far this campaign – the only previous team to score three or more in every game on their way to reaching the final was Brian Clough’s Nottingham Forest in 1977-78.
- Manchester United have progressed from two of their last three knockout ties when losing the first leg by two goals, eliminating Olympiakos and PSG in the Champions League last 16 in 2013-14 and 2018-19 respectively.
- Pep Guardiola has progressed from 23 of the previous 24 knockout ties in his management career when winning the first leg, with the exception coming against Monaco with City in the 2016-17 Champions League last 16.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could become only the third manager to win two away matches against Pep Guardiola in his managerial career, along with José Mourinho and Jürgen Klopp, while only one team has ever beaten Man City twice at the Etihad in a single season, with Arsenal winning two games in 2004-05.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.