CARABAO CUP TUESDAY: We look ahead to Tuesday’s CARABAO CUP game between TOTTENHAM v CHELSEA with extended stats and Betdaq’s own recommended bet.
TOTTENHAM V CHELSEA
8:00 pm Following an overwhelming 7-0 victory over Tranmere in Friday night’s 3rd Round F.A. Cup tie, Spurs are going into this match as favourites at 2.16 (opposed to Chelsea’s 3.55). Tottenham were responsible for the Blues first defeat in the 2018/19 Premier League season back in November and will be looking to repeat the feat. There is a strong possibility of Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembélé both returning for tonight’s match, while Ruben Loftus-Cheek will miss out due to injury. With two strong players returning, backing Pochettino’s men and both teams to score at 4.3 is in our opinion the best option.
- This is the ninth League Cup match between these sides, and the first since the 2015
final – of the previous eight meetings, Spurs have won two, Chelsea have won four
with two draws.
- Spurs and Chelsea are set to meet in a League Cup semi-final for the third time,
having also done so in 1971-72 and 2001-02 – the only fixture to be played more
often at this stage is Arsenal against Spurs (four occasions).
- Tottenham have won their last two matches against Chelsea, both in the Premier
League – they haven’t won three in a row against their London rivals in all
competitions since a run of five between March 1961 and September 1963.
- Chelsea have qualified for the League Cup final on four of the previous five occasions
they’ve played the first leg away from home, despite winning just one of those games
- Spurs are competing in their 15th League Cup semi-final – only Liverpool (17) have
appeared at this stage more often in the competition’s history.
- Chelsea – who’ve already lost to Spurs at Wembley in the Premier League this
season – could become just the second team to lose twice against the same
opponent at Wembley in a single season, after Sheffield Wednesday against Arsenal
in 1992-93, who lost the League Cup final and an FA Cup final replay to the Gunners.
- Dele Alli has scored more goals against Chelsea (6) than he has against any other
opponent in all competitions during his career, as well as netting four goals in his last
five League Cup appearances for Spurs.
- Eden Hazard has scored in his last three League Cup appearances – the last player
to score in four consecutive appearances in the competition was Dwight Gayle in
September 2015 for Crystal Palace.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Back Spurs and BTTS at 4.3.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQTOTCHE
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.