CARABAO CUP TUESDAY: We preview Tuesday’s Carabao Cup 1/4 Final between ASTON VILLA v LIVERPOOL with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
ASTON VILLA V LIVERPOOL
7.45pm We kick off the Carabao Cup Quarter Finals with Aston Villa hosting Liverpool. You may have checked out the odds over the weekend and had to double take! Liverpool have found themselves in a hugely awkward position of having this fixture and the Club World Cup 24 hours later. It’s disappointing that English football wouldn’t work with them, but here we are. This will be an academy side for Liverpool with Klopp and the rest of the side at the Club World Cup.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Aston Villa 1.3, Liverpool 8.8 and the draw is 8.2. Under no other circumstances would we see Villa go off at 1.3 to beat Liverpool! The reality is that Aston Villa will be playing their best XI and Liverpool aren’t even playing a reserve XI. The pressure is on Villa for a win; anything else would be highly embarrassing.
This is obviously a difficult game from a betting point of view. The markets will know very little about this Liverpool side. Under-23 manager Neil Critchley will be in charge of Liverpool and while Klopp says he is excited to see the young players in action; it’s hard to expect them to be at the level of a Premier League side.
Aston Villa have struggled in the Premier League this season and a change to the Cup will be welcome. They’ve been presented with a huge opportunity given the circumstances and they should be able to win easily here. Any Other Home Win (Aston Villa to score four or more and win) is trading 3.1 and that looks worth a small bet.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Any Other Home Win at 3.1.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQAstLiv
- This is only the second League Cup meeting between Aston Villa and Liverpool, with the other coming in the 2002/03 quarter-final – the Reds won 4-3 on their way to winning the competition that season.
- Liverpool have won each of their last six visits to Aston Villa in all competitions, all coming in the Premier League between December 2011 and November this season.
- Aston Villa are looking to reach the semi-finals of the League Cup for the first time since the 2012/13 campaign; the last Englishman to lead the Villans to the semi-final stage was John Gregory in the 1999/2000 season.
- Liverpool have progressed from each of their last four League Cup quarter-finals (2011/12, 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17) since losing 2-0 to Chelsea at this stage in 2007/08.
- Aston Villa’s Henri Lansbury has more assists than any other player in this season’s League Cup (five), despite playing only two matches in the competition.
- This is Aston Villa’s 21 st and Liverpool’s 23 rd appearance at the League Cup quarter-final stage – only Tottenham (24) and Arsenal (28) have appeared at this stage more often than the Reds.
- Liverpool striker Divock Origi has scored eight goals in his last six starts in the League Cup, netting a brace in the 5-5 draw against Arsenal in the fourth round.
- Liverpool’s progression via a penalty shootout in the fourth round against Arsenal was the eighth time they’ve progressed via penalties in the League Cup – more than any other team.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.