FA CUP FRIDAY: We preview Friday’s FA Cup Fifth Round game between QPR v WATFORD with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended stats.
QPR V WATFORD
7.45pm The FA Cup Fifth round kicks off on Friday night as QPR host Watford. This is probably the biggest game of the season for both teams, QPR are towards the bottom of the Championship however they probably have enough breathing room to be fine as we head towards the end of the season. Watford are absolutely certain of a midtable finish in the Premier League and surely they should be focusing on a Cup run now.
The Premier League side are odds on favourites with the match odds at the time of writing currently trading; QPR 4.9, Watford 1.87 and the draw is 3.75. QPR are obviously having a bad season given their place in the Championship season and they come into this clash off the back of five straight losses in the league. Watford have been in-and-out of form in the Premier League but over all they have been solid and are deserving of 8th spot – it’s hard to see Watford resting any players, why would they?
We expect Watford to be very focused on this game and come into it with a very strong side. With QPR is woeful form this season, Watford look great value at 1.87. The home side have a poor long-term record in the FA Cup and it has been a surprise that they’ve managed to get this far – we can’t get away from Watford at the odds.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Watford to beat QPR at 1.87.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQQprWat
- This will be just the second FA Cup meeting between QPR and Watford, with the Hornets winning the previous encounter 2-1 at Loftus Road in January 1980.
- QPR have lost just one of their last five home meetings with Watford in all competitions (W2 D2), going down 1-3 in a Championship match in December 2010.
- This will be QPR’s first FA Cup fifth round match since 1996-97 (1-2 vs Wimbledon), with the Hoops last making the quarter-final in 1994-95.
- Watford have progressed to the quarter-final on three of the last four occasions they’ve reached this stage of the FA Cup, most recently in the 2015-16 campaign.
- Watford have won seven of their last eight FA Cup ties against sides from a lower division, losing only against Millwall in the fourth round in 2016-17.
- QPR’s Nahki Wells has scored or assisted a goal in each of his last four starts in the FA Cup (3 goals, 1 assist), netting in both of his games for the London side this season.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.