FA CUP QUARTER FINAL: We preview Sunday’s FA Cup Quarter Final between MILLWALL v BRIGHTON with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
MILLWALL V BRIGHTON
2pm It’s the last FA Cup Quarter Final tie this weekend and both sides will be buzzing to play this fixture. Given they could have got the likes of Manchester City and Manchester United, they both would have been delighted with the draw and what an opportunity for both clubs to get into an FA Cup Semi Final.
Millwall come into this fixture with four losses in five games, although they did win at the weekend. One suspects that their attention has been focused on the FA Cup and given that they have performed excellently against Everton already in the competition, we can expect a good Millwall performance here. It’s an interesting situation for Brighton, because they have been generally poor away from home this season – however they now face a team from a lower league – they score three away against West Brom in the last round.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Millwall 3.65, Brighton 2.26 and the draw is 3.3. We really feel that this one will be very close and from a value point of view, we have to lay Brighton at 2.26. We expect a much closer game than those odds suggest.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Brighton at 2.26.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQMilBri
- Millwall and Brighton haven’t met in the FA Cup since the 1956-57 season in the first round, with the Lions winning a replay to progress.
- Brighton have lost none of their last six visits to the Den against Millwall, all in league competition between 2009 and 2015 (W3 D3 L0).
- This is Millwall’s 11th FA Cup quarter-final – all as a non-top-flight team; only Southampton (13) have reached more FA Cup quarter-finals while outside the top- flight.
- Brighton are participating in their fourth FA Cup quarter-final; they’ve progressed from one of their previous three, doing so in 1982-83 when they reached the final.
- Since the start of the 2016-17 campaign, Millwall have been won four FA Cup ties against Premier League opponents – more than any other non-Premier League side in that time.
- Millwall have won their last five home FA Cup matches against Premier League opponents, last losing in February 2012 against Bolton Wanderers.
- Brighton & Hove Albion haven’t won three consecutive away FA Cup matches since December 1932.
- Anthony Knockaert has been involved in four goals in his last five FA Cup games for Brighton (2 goals, 2 assists); he scored and assisted in his last match against Millwall on New Year’s Day 2014 for Leicester City in a Championship fixture.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.