FA CUP MONDAY: We preview Monday’s FA Cup game between ARSENAL v LEEDS with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
ARSENAL V LEEDS
7.56pm What a fixture to have on a Monday night! The struggling Arsenal host Championship leaders Leeds in the third round of the FA Cup. Leeds look certain to be in the Premier League next season, so despite the possibility of Arsenal resting players; it will be fascinating to see how Leeds get on tonight.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Arsenal 1.51, Leeds 6.6 and the draw is 5.0. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see Arsenal outclass Leeds given the talent they have but how can you rely on them? They have been very poor this season and although they managed a win against Manchester United here on New Years Day, United are hardly a good line of form these days either!
Leeds are flying high at the top of the Championship and arguably come into this clash in a better place than Arsenal. They will have the confidence to beat them and if things get tough – you have to wonder will Arsenal roll over? They were putting in a solid performance here against Chelsea only to throw it away in the last ten minutes when they came under pressure.
We feel that the 1.51 on Arsenal is too short here. Leeds will certainly give Arsenal a tough evening and at the odds we have to lay Arsenal. We fully expect a closer game than odds of 1.51 suggest on Arsenal.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Arsenal at 1.51.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQArsLee
- This will be the 17 th FA Cup match between Arsenal and Leeds and the first since January 2012, when the Gunners won 1-0 in the third round thanks to a goal from Thierry Henry.
- Leeds have lost five of their last six matches against Arsenal (D1 L5) since a 3-2 win at Highbury in the Premier League in May 2003.
- Arsenal have been eliminated from two of their last three FA Cup ties, having been eliminated from just one of their previous 22 ties in the competition.
- Since being relegated from the Premier League in 2004, Leeds have played nine away FA Cup matches against top-flight opponents and won just once, a 1-0 win at Manchester United in January 2010.
- This is the third time Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa has faced a Premier League side in his managerial career – he won both legs of the Last 16 of the 2011-12 Europa League against Manchester United as manager of Athletic Club.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.