FA CUP MONDAY: We preview Monday’s FA Cup Fifth Round game between PORTSMOUTH v ARSENAL with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
PORTSMOUTH V ARSENAL
7.45pm The fixtures just keep on coming and we love it! After a week of Champions League and Europa League action, we enjoyed Premier League and the League Cup Final at the weekend and then go straight into the FA Cup! We kick off the Fifth Round with Portsmouth hosting Arsenal is what should be a great game to watch.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Portsmouth 8.4, Arsenal 1.45 and the draw is 4.9. Arsenal suffered a huge blow last Thursday when crashing out of the Europa League. They took a 1-0 lead into the second leg at home, and that will have been a huge setback. Especially as they were playing reasonably well in the Premier League – too many draws perhaps but a draw would have got the job done!
Portsmouth are having another good season in League One. They look pretty sure of a playoff spot, but are obviously still very much in the hurt to top the league. With home advantage, they will be reasonably confident of getting a result here. Arsenal are always unreliable at home, and at 1.45 they look too short tonight. Obviously Arsenal play at a completely different level to Portsmouth but Portsmouth have the confidence of winning in League One at the moment and with Arsenal 1.45 and struggling in the Premier League as well as just getting knocked out of Europe, we’re happy to lay them away win from a value point of view. We expect a much closer game than odds of 1.45 suggest.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Arsenal at 1.45.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQPorArs
- Portsmouth haven’t beaten Arsenal in any competition since winning a league match 5-4 in March 1958, drawing eight and losing 13 of their 21 meetings since then.
- Arsenal have progressed from all three of their previous FA Cup ties against Portsmouth, with the most recent such match coming in the quarter-final in 2003-04 (5-1 at Fratton Park).
- When not a top-flight club themselves, Portsmouth have lost their last five FA Cup ties against Premier League opponents, since beating Nottingham Forest in 1998-99.
- Arsenal have progressed from their last 12 FA Cup ties against sides from the third tier or lower, since losing 1-2 against fourth division Wrexham in January 1992.
- Portsmouth are looking to reach the quarter-final of the FA Cup for the first time since 2009-10, when they ended up reaching the final.
- All three of Arsenal’s FA Cup goals this season have been scored by English players under the age of 21.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.