FA CUP REPLAY WEDNESDAY: We preview Wednesday’s FA Cup Replay between TOTTENHAM v SOUTHAMPTON with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
TOTTENHAM V SOUTHAMPTON
7.45pm What a fantastic game for the only FA Cup replay on Wednesday night. These two have seen a lot of each other recently and Southampton have come out on top. The Saints were able to beat Spurs in the Premier League and then draw 1-1 when the sides first met in the Fourth Round. With Spurs odds on favourites here, you have to question is that too short with Southampton in excellent form.
Of course, Spurs come into this fixture full of confidence after beating Manchester City 2-0 here at the weekend. City bossed the first half but we’ve seen a very different second half! The match odds at the time of writing for this clash trading trade; Tottenham 1.73, Southampton 5.3 and the draw is 3.95. Southampton have been the in-form team in the Premier League for a while now, and we’re happy to forgive them their loss an Anfield at the weekend. Liverpool have been superb this season and there’s no shame losing at Anfield.
We feel Spurs are way too short here at 1.73. As we have seen in the last two meetings between the sides, there isn’t much between these two teams and we can see a much closer game than odds of 1.73 suggest on Spurs. Apart from losing to Liverpool, Southampton have really kept things very tight at the back and they can continue to frustrate this Spurs side. From a value point of view, we’re very happy with the Spurs lay at 1.73.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Tottenham at 1.73.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQTtmSth
- Spurs have won eight of their last nine home games against Southampton (L1), with all games coming in the Premier League – they won 2-1 against the Saints earlier this season.
- This is the first time an FA Cup tie between Spurs and Southampton has gone to a replay since 1994-95, when Spurs won 6-2 in a fifth round replay after a 1-1 draw.
- Since losing 1-0 to Crystal Palace in February 2016, Spurs have won each of their last seven home FA Cup matches, scoring 25 goals across these victories.
- Southampton have lost just one of their last 11 away FA Cup matches (W7 D3 L1), losing 1-0 away at Sunderland in February 2014.
- Spurs’ Son Heung-Min has been directly involved in 18 goals in 20 FA Cup appearances (11 goals, 7 assists), scoring their goal in the 1-1 draw at St. Mary’s in the original tie.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.