FA CUP SUNDAY: We preview Sunday’s two FA Cup games with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats for each game. It’s MAN CITY v FULHAM at 1pm and SHREWSBURY v LIVERPOOL at 5pm.
MANCHESTER CITY V FULHAM
1pm The Premier League big boys are in action today and we start with Manchester City hosting Fulham. It’s fair to say that City have been poor by their standard this season, and while Fulham are going well in the Championship, the home side should still get the job done here. However it would take a brave man to lump on City at very short odds this season – they have gubbed their fair share of sub 1.2 XSP’s already! They are going to start at another very short price today.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Manchester City 1.12, Fulham 27.0 and the draw is 12.0. The market isn’t giving Fulham much chance here, however they have been playing some good football in the Championship. It’s been a busy time for City have they have a League Cup semi-final midweek – although they hammered United in the first leg. We expect some changes to the usually City starting XI, and ultimately they should get the job done here but Fulham can keep the scoreline respectable. Any Other Home Win (Manchester City to score four or more and win) looks far too short at 2.32 and we’re very happy to lay those odds.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Any Other Home Win at 2.32.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQMciFlh
- Manchester City and Fulham haven’t faced in the FA Cup since January 1914, a gap of 106 years.
- Fulham have lost their last eight matches against Man City in all competitions, most recently a 2-0 defeat in the Premier League in March 2019.
- Man City have won their last seven FA Cup matches, scoring 30 goals and conceding just four since a 1-0 defeat to Wigan in February 2018.
- Fulham, who eliminated Aston Villa in the third round, haven’t knocked out two top-flight sides in the same FA Cup season since 2002-03, when they beat Birmingham and Charlton.
- In domestic cup competitions against lower-league opposition, Man City’s Phil Foden has been directly involved in nine goals in eight appearances (6 goals, 3 assists).
SHREWSBURY V LIVERPOOL
5pm What a smashing FA Cup tie! A small League One side hosting the Premier League Champions Elect and the Champions of Europe. This should be an entertaining game. Shrewsbury have been poor this season though, they only sit in 16th position in League One and they don’t come into this fixture in good form either. There’s no doubt that Klopp will choose to rest some players here, but the Liverpool second XI got the job done against Everton in the third round.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Shrewsbury 7.4, Liverpool 1.44 and the draw is 5.4. There’s no doubt that this will be a big occasion for Shrewsbury but we can’t support them here at the odds. They come into this game in poor form and with Liverpool flying high they can run out easy winners. With Klopp choosing to rest players, the second XI have picked up some good experience already and at 1.44 Liverpool are too big to ignore here. That price is a banker for BETDAQ Multiples.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Liverpool to beat Shrewsbury at 1.44.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQShrLiv
- Shrewsbury Town and Liverpool have only faced once previously, an FA Cup fourth round tie back in February 1996 – the Reds won 4-0 at Gay Meadow on their way to reaching the final that season.
- Shrewsbury have been eliminated from the FA Cup by Premier League opponents in three of their last four seasons, losing to Man Utd in 2015-16, West Ham in 2017-18 and Wolves in 2018-19.
- In the Premier League era, Liverpool have progressed from 15 of their 17 FA Cup ties against sides from outside the top two-tiers of English football, going out against Bolton Wanderers in 1992-93 and Oldham Athletic in 2012-13.
- Liverpool are looking to reach the FA Cup fifth round for the first time since 2014-15, when they reached the semi-final.
- Shrewsbury Town have lost just one of their last 17 home FA Cup matches (W10 D6), a 0-3 defeat against Manchester United in February 2016.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.