FA CUP SUNDAY: We preview Sunday’s FA Cup Fifth Round games between BRISTOL CITY v WOLVERHAMPTON, DONCASTER v CRYSTAL PALACE and SWANSEA v BRENTFORD with recommended BETDAQ bets and extended stats.
BRISTOL CITY V WOLVERHAMPTON
1pm We have another three games to enjoy in the FA Cup on Sunday and we kick off with Bristol City hosting Wolves. Both sides are having fantastic seasons with Bristol sitting in 5th place in the Championship while Wolves are sitting in 7th place in the Premier League – no mean feat considering the quality of the Top Six and the fact that they only came up from the Championship this season. They can really have a proper go at the FA Cup now; while Bristol have to keep an eye on fighting for a Playoff place.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Bristol City 4.8, Wolverhampton 1.92 and the draw is 3.5. Bristol come into this tie in great form – they’ve won their last eight games in all competitions and with home advantage here; they’re going to be tough to beat. Wolves have been having a superb run of form too although not quite the winning streak of Bristol – Wolves have been scoring loads of goals and beating the likes of Everton and West Ham. We expect a close game here between two in-form sides and we can’t get away from the draw at 3.5.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Draw at 3.5.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQBrsWol
- Bristol City have won just two of their last 18 meetings with Wolves in all competitions (D4 L12), losing the last such match meeting in December 2017 (1-2 at Ashton Gate).
- Wolves won their only previous FA Cup encounter with Bristol City, winning 1-0 in the fourth round in 1972-73.
- Bristol City are looking to reach the FA Cup quarter-final for the first time since 1973-74, being knocked out of the competition at this stage five times since then.
- Wolves are looking to reach the FA Cup quarter-final for the first time since 2002-03. They’ve lost twice at this stage of the competition since, each time to the eventual losing finalists (Cardiff in 2007-08 and Chelsea in 2016-17).
- Bristol City have already eliminated Premier League opposition from the FA Cup this season, beating Huddersfield in round three. They last knocked out two top-flight opponents in a single edition of the competition in 1919-20 (Arsenal and Bradford).
- Matt Doherty has been directly involved in each of Wolves’ last four goals in the FA Cup this season, scoring three and assisting the other.
DONCASTER V CRYSTAL PALACE
4pm This is an interesting tie and it will be very interesting to see can Crystal Palace come through it away from home. Doncaster are obviously playing their football at a much lower level in League One; however they currently sit in sixth position and are fighting hard for a Playoff play. Palace aren’t out of the danger zone in the Premier League considering that there’s only three points between themselves in 13th and Southampton in the relegation zone – it really is crowded towards the bottom of the Premier League table!
The Premier League side are odds on favourites with the match odds at the time of writing currently trading; Doncaster 6.0, Crystal Palace 1.63 and the draw is 4.0. Palace managed to beat Spurs 2-0 to get here; although that game was at home if they played even close to that level here they would beat Doncaster easily. They have a very good away record in the FA Cup though, winning five of their last seven games and while in points terms they are close to the bottom in the Premier League – they can still have a good run at the FA Cup. We expect a good performance from Palace here and they can outclass Doncaster – we’re happy to back them at 1.63.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Crystal Palace to beat Doncaster at 1.63.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQDonCry
- This will be the first ever FA Cup meeting between Doncaster and Crystal Palace, and the first of any kind since the 2011-12 Championship season (one win for Doncaster and one draw).
- Crystal Palace are winless in their last six away games against Doncaster in all competitions (D2 L4) since a 5-1 win in the fourth tier in August 1960.
- This is Doncaster’s first appearance in the fifth round of the FA Cup since 1955-56 – they’ve never reached the quarter-finals before.
- Crystal Palace have only reached the FA Cup quarter-final once in the last 23 seasons, in 2015-16 when they went all the way to the final.
- Doncaster haven’t beaten top-flight opposition in the FA Cup since January 1985 (1-0 vs QPR), drawing two and losing five since.
- Crystal Palace have won five of their last seven away games in the FA Cup (D1 L1), more than they had in their previous 23 on the road in the competition (W4 D5 L14).
SWANSEA V BRENTFORD
4pm It’s hard to expect anything but a very close game here as Swansea host Brentford. Both sides are very evenly matched and are very close together in the Championship table this season with Swansea on 44 points and Brentford on 40. They will know each other very well although Swansea have beaten Brentford in all of their last five meetings across all competitions.
We have an open market as you would expect with the match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Swansea 2.66, Brentford 2.76 and the draw is 3.5. Swansea made it to the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup last season and are looking to repeat the feat here – considering that both sides have nothing to play for this season apart from a Cup run – we expect strong XI’s from both and leaving it all on the line. The FA Cup has certainly lost some of it’s appeal over the years; however in a game like this it really is massive for both sides. We can’t see past the draw here at 3.5 which looks cracking value in such a close and tough game to call – we expected the draw to be trading closer to 3.3 and we’re happy to take the 3.5.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Draw at 3.5.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQSwaBre
- Swansea have won their last five meetings with Brentford in all competitions, including a 3-2 win in December in the Championship.
- The only previous FA Cup meeting between Swansea and Brentford was in the first round in 1971-72, the Swans winning 3-2 after a replay.
- Swansea are looking to reach the FA Cup quarter-finals in consecutive seasons for the first time since the 1925-26/1926-27 campaigns.
- This will be Brentford’s first FA Cup fifth round match since the 2005-06 campaign (1-3 vs Charlton), with the Bees last reaching the quarter-final in 1988-89.
- Swansea have won both of their FA Cup games by a three goal margin this season. The last side to win three in a row by a 3+ goal margin were West Bromwich Albion en route to the semi-final in 2007-08.
- Neal Maupay has netted in all three of Brentford’s FA Cup matches so far this season.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.