FA CUP THURSDAY: We preview Thursday’s FA Cup Fifth Round game between DERBY COUNTY v MAN U with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
DERBY COUNTY V MANCHESTER UNITED
7.45pm We finish the FA Cup Fifth Round this week on Thursday night with Derby County hosting Manchester United. There’ll be plenty of eyeballs on this fixture with Wayne Rooney facing his old side! Surely it’s all set up for a 90th minute Wayne Rooney winner? Now that would be what they call “the magic of the Cup!” Of course, Manchester United will be hoping the game is won by then.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Derby County 6.8, Manchester United 1.57 and the draw is 4.5. These sides actually met in the Carabao Cup last season with Derby knocking out United on penalties. The reality is however that United should really be outclassing this Derby side and the 1.57 on an away win looks big.
Derby are only 13th in the Championship and with United improving in recent weeks, they have enough firepower to get the job done tonight. Derby have conceded in each of their last seven games coming into this fixture and with United only conceding two goals in their last six fixtures in all competitions, they can outscore Derby. No doubt there will be a lot of people hoping for the Wayne Rooney fairytale, but the 1.57 on the United win is too big to ignore given their current form and we’re happy to back an away win.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Manchester United to beat Derby County at 1.57.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQDerMun
- Derby have lost their last eight FA Cup ties against Man Utd, most recently in the third round in 2018. The last time they beat the Red Devils in the competition was in the quarter-final of the 1896-97 campaign.
- Manchester United were eliminated by Derby the last time the sides met in any competition, with the Rams winning a penalty shootout in last season’s EFL Cup.
- Derby are looking to reach the FA Cup quarter-final for the first time since 1998-99 – the Rams have lost each of their last five fifth round matches.
- Man Utd have progressed from each of their last 10 FA Cup fifth round matches, reaching the quarter-final in each of the last five campaigns.
- Manchester United have progressed from 45 of their last 46 FA Cup ties against sides from a lower division (including finals), only failing against Leeds United in January 2010 in that run.
- Derby’s Wayne Rooney has never scored in six appearances against his former side Manchester United. The last player to score an FA Cup goal against Man Utd having previously played for the Red Devils was Danny Welbeck with Arsenal in March 2015.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.