FA CUP TUESDAY: We preview Tuesday’s FA Cup replay between TOTTENHAM v MIDDLESBROUGH with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
TOTTENHAM V MIDDLESBROUGH
8.05pm The midweek footie action consists of the FA Cup Third Round replays this week and we take a look at Spurs against Middlesbrough. Spurs were left frustrated with a 1-1 draw last time out, however Middlesbrough took the lead and all-in-all Spurs won’t be too unhappy to have another chance to progress on their home turf tonight. Home advantage is a big thing for the smaller sides, and Spurs should get the job done tonight.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Tottenham 1.3, Middlesbrough 13.0 and the draw is 6.0. It’s not a surprise to see Spurs so short, however it would take a very brave punter to lump on them at 1.3. They should ultimately get the win, however they look a little short at 1.3. It was no shame losing to Liverpool here at the weekend given how excellent Liverpool have been, but the fact remains that Spurs are conceding too many goals under Jose Mourinho.
Middlesbrough should fancy their chances here and they came into the first meeting off the back of four straight wins. They could only manage a draw at the weekend but that makes them unbeaten in six and with Spurs conceding goals; they will surely fancy finding the net at some stage. Over 2.5 goals looks worth backing at 1.7 – we’re bound to see more chances here than the first time the sides met and with Spurs still having trouble at the back, Middlesbrough can get on the scoresheet too. Overs should be ten ticks lower in our view and we’re happy to take the 1.7.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Over 2.5 goals at 1.7.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQTotMdd
- Tottenham are unbeaten in their last nine home games against Middlesbrough in all competitions (W6 D3), but did lose a penalty shootout in this run in December 2003 in the League Cup quarter-final.
- Middlesbrough have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last 12 meetings with Tottenham in all competitions since a 1-0 win at the Riverside Stadium in May 2005.
- Tottenham have won their last six FA Cup home matches by an aggregate score of 23-4. Indeed, their last such defeat came in the fifth round in February 2016 vs Crystal Palace (0-1).
- Middlesbrough have lost their last two FA Cup games away from home, each by a 0-2 scoreline – they last lost three in a row on the road in January 1985.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in each of their last 40 FA Cup home matches against teams from a lower division (W33 D7) since a 0-1 loss to Nottingham Forest in January 1975.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.