FACTMAN: The best head-to-head facts for Gameweek Sixteen of the Premier League.
● Man City won home and away against Brentford in the Premier League last season, but have never won three consecutive league games against the Bees (10 meetings).
● Brentford have won just one of their five away league games against Manchester City, winning 2-0 on Christmas Day in 1937 in the top-flight.
● Manchester City have won each of their last 11 Premier League home games, their longest such run since a run of 14 in the 2017-18 campaign. They’ve scored at least twice in their last 15 at the Etihad, with only Liverpool having a longer run of scoring 2+ goals in Premier League home games (16 between February and December 2019).
● Bournemouth did the league double over Everton the last time the sides met in 2019-20, as many wins as they’d managed in their first eight league meetings with the Toffees (W2 D2 L4).
● Everton have never won in five league visits to Bournemouth (D2 L3), making the Cherries the side they’ve faced the most on the road without ever winning in their league history.
● Everton are winless in their last seven Premier League games against promoted sides (D3 L4), their longest such run in the competition. They’ve drawn both such games so far this season, 1-1 against Nottingham Forest and 0-0 against Fulham.
● Southampton are winless in eight Premier League away games against Liverpool (W2 L6), since a 1-0 win in September 2013. They’ve failed to score in their last six league visits to Anfield.
● Liverpool lost their last home league game 2-1 against Leeds, ending a 29-game unbeaten run in the Premier League at Anfield. They last lost consecutive home league games between January and March 2021 (a run of six).
● Liverpool have lost their last three Premier League games against sides in the relegation zone, going down against Manchester United, Nottingham Forest and Leeds United this season. They’ve never lost four consecutive such games in the competition before.
● Nottingham Forest have never lost a Premier League game against Crystal Palace (W2 D2), though this is the first such meeting since a 2-1 away win in April 1995.
● Crystal Palace have won just one of their last nine league games against Nottingham Forest (D3 L5), with this their first meeting since a 2-2 draw in December 2012.
● Crystal Palace are unbeaten in their last eight Premier League games against promoted sides (W4 D4) since a 2-0 loss at Leeds in February 2021.
● Tottenham have won seven of their last nine Premier League meetings with Leeds (D1 L1), having lost eight of their previous nine against them in the top-flight (D1).
● Leeds have lost each of their last five away league games against Spurs, since a 2-1 victory under David O’Leary in February 2001.
● Tottenham have lost three of their last four Premier League games (W1), as many as they had in their previous 24 (W17 D4). They’ve lost their last two home league games, last losing three in a row between May and September 2008.
● Leicester have kept just one clean sheet in their 15 Premier League away games against West Ham, a 1-0 win in August 2000. After a five-game unbeaten run at the Hammers between 2015 and 2019, the Foxes have lost their last two Premier League visits to the London Stadium.
● Both West Ham and Leicester have lost a joint league-high eight Premier League games so far this season. The Hammers have lost the most Premier League games by a one-goal margin this term (6).
● Leicester have won three of their last four Premier League games (L1), having won just one of their first 10 this season (D2 L7). The Foxes have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five Premier League games, as many as in their previous 23.
● Wolves lost home and away against Arsenal in the Premier League last season, having lost just two of their previous eight against them (W3 D3).
● Arsenal have won six of their eight Premier League away games against Wolves (L2) and have scored at least once in all 16 of their meetings with them in the competition.
● Arsenal have scored in each of their last 29 meetings with Wolves in all competitions, since a 1-0 loss in February 1979. Only against West Bromwich Albion (32) are the Gunners currently on a longer scoring streak in all competitions.
● Brighton have won just one of their six Premier League meetings with Aston Villa (D2 L3), winning 2-1 at Villa Park in November 2020.
● Aston Villa are unbeaten in their last six away league games against Brighton (W2 D4), since a 1-0 loss in their 1980-81 title-winning season. Having won 2-0 in this fixture last term, the Villans are looking to pick up back-to-back away league wins against Brighton for the first time.
● Brighton have won back-to-back Premier League games, having won none of their first five under Roberto De Zerbi (D2 L3). The Seagulls haven’t won three consecutive league games since October 2018 under Chris Hughton.
● Manchester United have won their last five Premier League away games against Fulham, more than they had in their first 10 such visits in the competition (W4 D4 L2).
● Manchester United have lost just one of their last 18 Premier League games against promoted sides (W11 D6), going down 4-1 at Watford in November last season.
● Fulham have lost just one of their seven Premier League home games this season (W3 D3). They’ve already earned more points (12), won more games (3), and scored more goals (13) at Craven Cottage this season than they did in the entirety of their last Premier League campaign (10 points, 2 wins, 9 goals).