FACTMAN: The best head-to-head facts for Gameweek Nine of the Premier League.
● Arsenal have won their last two Premier League home games against Tottenham, last winning three in a row against them between February 2012 and September 2013.
● Tottenham have lost two of their last three league meetings with Arsenal (W1), as many as they had in their previous 13 against them (W5 D6).
● Tottenham have scored at least once in each of their last 10 meetings with Arsenal in all competitions, their second-longest scoring streak against the Gunners, after a run of 24 between 1955 and 1967.
● Liverpool have lost just one of their 10 Premier League meetings with Brighton (W7 D2), a 1-0 home loss in February 2021.
● Having avoided defeat in just two of their first 11 away league games against Liverpool (W1 D1 L9), Brighton are unbeaten in their last two such visits to Anfield (W1 D1).
● This will be Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi’s first ever Premier League game in charge; each of the previous five managers whose first game came against Liverpool at Anfield have lost.
● Fulham have won 12 of their 28 Premier League games against Newcastle (D5 L11) – against no side have they won more in the competition (also 12 against Bolton).
● Newcastle have won their last two away league games against Fulham, this following a run of six straight defeats at Craven Cottage – they’ve never won three away league games in a row against them before.
●Fulham boss Marco Silva has won three of his five Premier League matches against Eddie Howe (D1 L1), with all three victories coming with different clubs (Hull City, Watford, and Everton)
● Southampton beat Everton 2-0 in February, and are looking to pick up consecutive Premier League victories against them for the first time since December 2014.
● Everton have lost seven of their last nine away league games against Southampton (W2), more than they had in their previous 22 such visits to Saints (W8 D8 L6).
● Southampton have conceded the opening goal of a game in more Premier League games than any other side this season (6)
● Since a 2-1 win against Chelsea in October 2017, Crystal Palace have lost each of their last nine league games against the Blues – only against Liverpool (10) have the Eagles lost more consecutively in their league history.
● Chelsea have won each of their last nine Premier League games against Crystal Palace – only against Portsmouth (10), Sunderland (11) and West Brom (12) have the Blues had longer winning runs in their league history.
● Crystal Palace have lost just one of their last nine Premier League home games (W4 D4)
● This will be the first top-flight meeting between Bournemouth and Brentford, making it the 109th fixture to have been played in each of the top four tiers of English league football.
● After beating Aston Villa 2-0 in their opening game, Bournemouth have failed to score in either of their last two home league games.
● There have been 27 goals scored in Brentford’s seven Premier League matches so far this season, only Leicester City (32) and Manchester City (29) have seen more.
● West Ham have won three of their last four Premier League games against Wolves (L1), having won just two of their first eight against them in the competition before this (D1 L5).
● Wolves have kept a clean sheet in five of their last eight Premier League games against West Ham, though
they have lost each time they’ve conceded in this run.
● Wolves are without a win on the road in the Premier League in each of their last seven games (D2 L5)
● Manchester City are looking to win three consecutive Premier League games against Manchester United for the first time since a run of four between April 2013 and November 2014.
● Manchester United have lost 17 Premier League games against Manchester City, only losing more against Liverpool (18) and Chelsea (18) in the history of the competition.
● The away side has won 21 times in Premier League meetings between Manchester City and Manchester United – no fixture has been won by the visitors more often in the competition’s history.
● Leeds have won just one of their last 10 Premier League home games against Aston Villa (D5 L4), a 3-1 victory on the final day of the 2002-03 campaign.
● Aston Villa have won their last two away league games against Leeds, as many as they had in their previous 17 such visits to Elland Road (D9 L6). They’ve never won three in a row at the Whites before.
● Since returning to the Premier League in 2020, Leeds have shipped 5+ goals in more different top-flight games than any other side (5)
● Leicester have won just one of their last seven league meetings with Nottingham Forest (D4 L2), with this the first time the sides have faced in the league since a 2-2 draw at the City Ground in February 2014.
● Nottingham Forest have lost just one of their six Premier League meetings with Leicester (W3 D2), winning the last such game between the sides 1-0 in May 1999. It turned out to be Forest’s last top-flight match before their return this season.
● Nottingham Forest have lost their last four league games, conceding at least twice in all four matches.