FACTMAN: The best head-to-head facts for Matchday Four of the Champions League.
● Celtic have lost two of their three European matches against RB Leipzig but both defeats came away from home, with the Bhoys winning 2-1 at home in the other game in November 2018 in the UEFA Europa League.
● This will be RB Leipzig’s sixth European match against a Scottish opponent – they’ve won their three home games but lost both of their away games in Scotland, losing 2-1 to Celtic in 2018 and 3-1 to Rangers in the UEFA Europa League semi-final last season.
● Celtic have only kept one clean sheet in their last 23 matches in major European competition, winning 2-0 against Ferencarosi in October 2021 in the UEFA Europa League. They’ve shipped 55 goals across those matches, including seven this season.
● AC Milan are winless in five meetings against Chelsea in Europe (D3 L2) since winning the very first match between the two sides in the Fairs Cup in February 1966. Having lost last week, Milan have never previously lost consecutive games against the Blues.
● Chelsea only allowed four shots against Milan last time out. Since Opta have this data available for the
UEFA Champions League, the Blues have only faced fewer in a game in the competition twice, doing so vs Malmö FF in October 2021 (two) and vs Galatasaray in March 2014 (three).
● AC Milan have lost four of the last five games when hosting an English team in the UEFA Champions League, with their only victory coming against Arsenal in February 2012 (4-0). The only previous time they hosted Chelsea in the competition was in a 1-1 draw in the first group stage in October 1999.
● Borussia Dortmund have only lost one of the previous nine games in which they’ve hosted a Spanish side in the UEFA Champions League (W5 D3), with that defeat coming against Real Madrid in 2017-18 the team who would go on to lift the trophy that season.
● Sevilla have only won one of their last eight matches against German opposition in the UEFA Champions League (D3 L4), with that victory coming at home to Wolfsburg in last season’s group stage.
● Borussia Dortmund have now beaten Sevilla on two occasions in the UEFA Champions League (in 2020-21 and on MD3 this season) – should they win this game, the only opponent they will have registered more wins against in the competition would be Galatasaray (4).
● FC København hosted Manchester City in the UEFA Cup in 2008-09, in a Last 32 first leg match. The game finished 2-2, with Nedum Onuoha and Stephen Ireland scoring for the visitors.
● Manchester City beat FC København 5-0 last time out – their best combined record against an opponent in a single UEFA Champions League campaign is 9-0 vs Shakhtar Donetsk in 2018-19 (3-0 A, 6-0 H).
● Manchester City’s last visit to Denmark saw them lose 2-0 to Aalborg BK in a UEFA Cup Last 16 second leg match in 2008-09. Having won the first leg 2-0 in Manchester City, the game went to penalties, with Manchester City progressing after winning the shootout.