PREMIER LEAGUE FRIDAY: We preview Friday’s Premier League game between LEICESTER v NEWCASTLE with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
LEICESTER V NEWCASTLE
8pm The Premier League games come thick and fast over the next five days and we have Friday Night Football to enjoy tonight as Leicester host Newcastle. Brendan Rodgers has really improved Leicester since coming in; they’ve won five of their last six and Jamie Vardy is in excellent form too – he’s scoring seven goals in his last six games. Newcastle aren’t on a good run away from home at the moment, but they need to keep fighting at the bottom of the table – they are pretty safe, but things can still get very tight.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Leicester 1.7, Newcastle 6.2 and the draw is 3.95. With Leicester in excellent form, they have moved above Wolves into 7th place in the table – they still have a huge amount of play for with a Europa League spot coming into play. Newcastle have only managed three points in their last eight away games which doesn’t inspire confidence given the form that Leicester are in.
Newcastle could also go three games in a row here without scoring, while Leicester have won their last three in front of their own fans. There’s no doubt that Rafa Benitez will set up Newcastle to defend here, as he likes to do, however we just can’t see past a Leicester win here with them in excellent form. The 1.7 looks good value and worth backing.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Leicester to beat Newcastle at 1.7.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQLeiNwc
- Leicester City have won five of their last six league encounters with Newcastle United (L1) – as many as they’d won in their previous 29 (W5 D8 L16).
- Newcastle United are looking to win consecutive away games against Leicester in the top-flight for the first time since September 1959 under Charlie Mitten.
- Newcastle have failed to find the net in six of their last 10 Premier League away games versus Leicester, scoring just six goals.
- Leicester have played more Premier League games on a Friday without a victory than any other side in the competition (P6 W0 D2 L4). Meanwhile, Newcastle have lost more Premier League games on Friday than any other side (6).
- Leicester have won their last three home Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 12 at the King Power Stadium (W3 D2 L7). They last won four in a row at home in May 2017 (a run of five).
- Leicester have won their last four Premier League games, last winning five in a row in April 2017.
- Newcastle have lost their last two Premier League games, failing to score each time. They last lost three in a row without finding the net back in January 2016.
- Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has had a hand in four goals in his last five Premier League games vs Newcastle (three goals, one assist), including scoring in this exact fixture last term.
- Leicester’s Youri Tielemans has either scored or assisted a goal in five of his last six Premier League appearances, scoring twice and assisting three.
- Jamie Vardy has netted six goals in Leicester’s five Premier League games under Brendan Rodgers so far, accounting for 50% of the Foxes’ total under the new manager.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.