PREMIER LEAGUE FRIDAY: We preview Friday’s Premier League match between NORWICH v WATFORD with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
NORWICH V WATFORD
8pm It might not be the most glamourous Friday Night Football fixture, but what a massive game for both sides. Watford have yet to win a game in the Premier League this season and currently sit bottom of the table with only five points from 11 games; yet Norwich are firmly in their sights sitting only two points ahead in 19th. A win for either side would be massive, with the loser really in trouble.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Norwich 2.76, Watford 2.66 and the draw is 3.75. This is a fascinating clash. Norwich have been poor this season, but what must confidence levels be like at Watford considering that they haven’t won a game. It’s crazy to think that Norwich beat Manchester City here, collect three of their seven points from that result, and perhaps home advantage will be the key here.
Watford definitely look too short at 2.66. We’d have Norwich at a shorter price then Watford and the away side look like a good value lay at 2.66. Watford just haven’t scored enough goals to win games this season. They’ve only netted six times in 11 games and although Norwich do concede goals at home, given how badly Watford have struggled to create chances you couldn’t rule out a Norwich clean sheet here.
On balance, it should be a very close game and a low scoring one too. We can’t get away from the Watford lay at 2.66. We believe they should be a bigger price than the Norwich win and from a value point of view, we’re very happy to lay Watford at 2.66. Six goals in 11 games is a big negative, and Norwich can get a result here. A win for the home side would really leave Watford in big trouble – it’s a big night of football at the bottom of the table!
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Watford at 2.66.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQnorwat
- Norwich have won three of their last four league meetings with Watford (L1), with this the first such encounter since a 4-2 victory in May 2016 in the Premier League.
- Watford haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of their last 12 away league games against Norwich (W5 D1 L6) since a 0-0 draw in February 1988 in the top-flight with Tony Coton in goal.
- This is only Norwich’s third Premier League game on a Friday, losing the other two 5-1 to Spurs in April 1993 and 4-1 to Liverpool on the opening day of this season. They have, however, won their two home top-flight Friday games, in December 1986 against Nottingham Forest and January 1988 against West Ham.
- In a run stretching back to November 2013, Norwich have won just one of their last 48 Premier League games in which they conceded the first goal (W1 D5 L42), losing 22 of the last 23. However, their only victory in that time was a home win against Watford in May 2016 (4-2).
- Watford have failed to win any of their opening 11 Premier League games this season (W0 D5 L6) – only five teams have failed to win their opening 12, most recently QPR in 2012-13, who won none of their first 16 and went on to finish bottom.
- Norwich haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of their last nine home Premier League games, their longest such run since their first 10 games at Carrow Road in the 2011-12 season. They’ve conceded more than once in seven of those nine games, shipping 22 goals in total.
- This is the third time this season Watford have started the day bottom and faced the team in 19th at the start of that day, drawing 1-1 with Newcastle in August and losing 2-0 against Wolves in September.
- The team starting the day bottom of the Premier League has won just once in their last 35 attempts (W1 D12 L22), with Huddersfield Town winning 1-0 against Wolves in February 2019.
- Norwich City’s Teemu Pukki scored with five of his first 11 shots in the Premier League – since then, the Finnish forward has scored with just one of his 19 efforts at goal.
- Watford are the only Premier League side this season to have no players score more than once in the competition, with all six of their goals coming from different players. Indeed, in all competitions Roberto Pereyra is the only player to net more than once for the Hornets this term.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.