PREMIER LEAGUE: We preview Friday’s Premier League game between SHEFFIELD UNITED v WEST HAM with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
SHEFFIELD UNITED V WEST HAM
8pm The Premier League returns on Friday night after a little break for the FA Cup third round and Carabao Cup semi-finals. We have an interesting game too with Sheffield United hosting West Ham. David Moyes has started his second stint at West Ham very positively with two wins from two games but this will be a good test for his side as Sheffield United have been excellent this season.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Sheffield United 1.97, West Ham 4.5 and the draw is 3.65. Prior to winning in their FA Cup tie at the weekend Sheffield United had a tough run of fixtures. They had to play Manchester City and Liverpool away from home. They actually performed very well against Manchester City – their expected goals was much better than the final result of losing 2-0. Losing by the same scoreline to Liverpool has no shame either given the way Klopp’s side have been playing this season.
West Ham have scored six goals and kept two clean sheets in their under games under Moyes. Perhaps that’s a sign that the previous manager had lost the dressing room – you have to doubt Moyes’ tactics has turned things around that quickly! If that’s the case, we can write off most of the Hammers performances recently and that makes this a pretty even game. Obviously Sheffield United have home advantage, but we don’t feel that they should be odds on.
From a value point of view, we’re going to take a chance and lay Sheffield United at 1.97. We expect another good performance from West Ham and they can definitely make this game closer than odds of 1.97 suggest on the home team.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Sheffield United at 1.97.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQshewhu
- Sheffield United have won both of their Premier League home games against West Ham, winning 3-0 in April 2007 and 3-2 in March 1994.
- West Ham are winless in their last eight top-flight away games against Sheffield United (D2 L6), though they have won twice at Bramall Lane in the second tier in that time.
- West Ham have won just one of their last 10 Premier League games in Yorkshire (D3 L6), beating Huddersfield 4-1 in January 2018. Meanwhile, London sides have lost their last seven Premier League games against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane.
- Sheffield United have only lost three consecutive league games under Chris Wilder once previously, losing three in a row in the Championship in December 2017.
- Sheffield United are the only Premier League side yet to give a single minute to players aged 21 or under this season, with their youngest player the goalkeeper Dean Henderson at 22.
- Two of the first three Premier League goals Sheffield United conceded this season were via set pieces – since then, they’ve only conceded once from a set piece, against Norwich City last month.
- West Ham captain Mark Noble’s two goals against Bournemouth took him to 45 Premier League goals, just two behind the Hammers’ record scorer in the competition, Paolo Di Canio (47).
- West Ham manager David Moyes has won none of his last 24 away Premier League games against teams starting the day in the top eight of the league (D8 L16), with this run spanning four different teams (Everton, Man Utd, Sunderland and West Ham).
- West Ham’s Robert Snodgrass registered his 20th Premier League assist against Bournemouth, becoming the 12th Scotsman to reach that figure. Snodgrass has been involved in four goals in five league games against Sheffield United (2 goals, 2 assists).
- Sheffield United’s David McGoldrick has had 35 shots without scoring in the Premier League this season, more than any other player. The longest a player had to wait in terms of shots for their first goal last season was Harvey Barnes, who netted his first goal with his 38th effort for Leicester City in 2018-19.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.