PREMIER LEAGUE FRIDAY: We preview Friday’s Premier League game between WOLVES v LEICESTER (8pm) with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
WOLVES V LEICESTER
8pm We continue the Premier League winter break this weekend, however we have Friday and Monday night football to enjoy this time around! Wolves host Leicester on Friday night in what should be a very close affair. Wolves have held their own this season against the big sides here and although Leicester are having an excellent season, this is always a tough place to come and win.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Wolves 2.6, Leicester 3.05 and the draw is 3.35. Leicester have dropped back into third position in the Premier League table after a couple of recent setbacks. Their biggest setback being getting knocked out of the Carabao Cup at the semi-final stage against Aston Villa when they started that tie massively odds on to have a day at Wembley. They need to put together a few wins to get their season going in the right direction again; although they look certain of Champions League football next season already.
Wolves haven’t been as good as they were last season, but they are still a very solid side, especially with home advantage. That being said, they still look very short here at 2.6. They have simply conceded too many goals this season – they have actually scored and conceded in 19 out of 25 Premier League games this season. With some of those when they didn’t score coming against the top sides.
While the Wolves lay at 2.6 is a very tempting bet, over 2.5 goals makes huge appeal at 2.1. Given the record Wolves have this season along with the amount of goals that Leicester have been scoring; we feel that overs should be odds on here. Vardy is going through a little rough patch at the moment, but it hasn’t scored Leicester scoring. We’ve seen over 2.5 goals win in five of their last six in all competitions and with Wolves conceding plenty of goals we can’t see past over 2.5 goals here.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Over 2.5 goals at 2.1.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQwollei
- Wolves have won both of their previous Premier League home games against Leicester, by a 4-3 scoreline each time.
- Leicester have won just one of their last eight away league games against Wolves (D4 L3), winning 2-1 in the Championship in December 2006.
- This will be Wolves’ fifth Premier League game on a Friday, with their only previous victory coming in their last such game against Manchester City in December (L3).
- This will be Leicester’s ninth Premier League game on a Friday – they won their last such game 9-0 at Southampton in October, having failed to win any of their first seven on this day in the competition and netting just eight goals in the process (D2 L5).
- Wolves have both scored and conceded in a league-high 19 different Premier League games so far this season – as many as they had in the whole of the 2018-19 campaign.
- Leicester City have lost as many Premier League games when scoring the first goal this season as they have when conceding first (3).
- Wolves have scored a league-high 20% of their Premier League goals from outside the box this season (7/35). However, only Sheffield United (1) have conceded fewer goals from distance than Leicester this term (2).
- Raúl Jiménez has been involved in 38% of Wolves’ 313 Premier League shots this season (81 shots, 38 chances created), the highest ratio in the division. The Mexican has also been involved in 49% of Wolves’ 35 Premier League goals this term (11 goals, 6 assists), with only Teemu Pukki (58%) and Marcus Rashford (50%) involved in more for their side.
- Leicester’s James Maddison is one of just three players to have had 50+ shots (58) and created 50+ chances (64) for his teammates in the Premier League this season, along with Kevin De Bruyne and Jack Grealish.
- Leicester’s Jamie Vardy hasn’t scored in any of his last five Premier League games, with the striker last having a longer barren run in the competition between December 2016- February 2017 (7 games).
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.