PREMIER LEAGUE MONDAY: We preview Monday’s Premier League game between ASTON VILLA v WEST HAM with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended stats.
ASTON VILLA V WEST HAM
8pm Monday Night Football returns as boys Aston Villa host West Ham in what should be a very close affair. We have a very open market too with the match odds at the time of writing currently trading; Aston Villa 2.72, West Ham 2.7 and the draw is 3.7. It’s hard to see anything other than a close game here, although West Ham have started the season well apart from their heavy loss to Manchester City – something which will happen to plenty of sides this season no doubt.
Home advantage is a big positive for Aston Villa, and if they are to stay in the Premier League this season they will have to rely on picking up plenty of points in front of their own fans. West Ham have beaten Watford 3-1 and drew 1-1 with Brighton in their two away games this season. Obviously the 2-0 win for Villa over Everton here catches the eye, but we still feel like they are a little short at 2.72.
West Ham have had their best start to the season since 2012/13 and although Villa have seemingly settled into life in the Premier League quickly, we still feel that West Ham will have too much firepower for them tonight. The market has it very open; however we feel that West Ham should be favourites and Aston Villa a little bigger in price. So from a value point of view we’re happy to lay the home side at 2.72.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Aston Villa at 2.72.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQastwes
- Aston Villa have lost just two of their last 18 home league games against West Ham (W8 D8 L2) – 1-2 in January 2006 and 0-2 in February 2014.
- West Ham are looking to secure back-to-back league victories against Aston Villa for the first time since January 2006, having beating them 2-0 in their last meeting in February 2016.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their last 16 Premier League games on a Monday (D5 L10), beating Sunderland 6-1 in April 2013.
- West Ham’s return of seven points (W2 D1 L1) from their opening four Premier League games is their best start to a season since 2012-13, when they also won seven points under Sam Allardyce.
- Aston Villa have lost 15 of their last 17 Premier League matches (W1 D1 L15), including three of their four this season (W1 D0 L3).
- West Ham striker Sébastien Haller has scored three goals in three Premier League games this season and has been involved in 21 goals in his last 25 top-flight appearances across spells at Eintracht Frankfurt and the Hammers (15 goals, 6 assists).
- The two most-fouled players in the Premier League this season are Aston Villa midfielders John McGinn (15) and Jack Grealish (13).
- West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini lost his first match against Aston Villa in September 2013 but has won five of his subsequent six in all competitions against the Villans (W5 D1 L0), all as Manchester City manager.
- In all competitions, Aston Villa have won seven of their last nine home games (W7 D0 L2), having won just six of their previous 20 at Villa Park (W6 D10 L4).
- West Ham’s Manuel Lanzini has created 14 chances for his team-mates in the Premier League this season – only Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne (16) has created more.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.