PREMIER LEAGUE MONDAY: We preview Monday’s big match in the Premier League between CHELSEA v MAN U with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
CHELSEA V MANCHESTER UNITED
8pm What a fixture to look forward to for Monday Night Football! A lot has happened since Manchester United beat Chelsea 4-0 at Old Trafford on the opening weekend. It’s amazing how quickly the football media wrote off Chelsea and yet it’s now Manchester United that they have turned their attentions to. In fairness, United are in a battle for a Europa League spot – never mind a Champions League spot! While Chelsea look likely to grab the last Champions League spot now. Tonight should be a good game, with a lot at stake for both sides.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Chelsea 1.9, Manchester United 4.7 and the draw is 3.7. Chelsea have an excellent record against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge – they have lost just once in their last 17 Premier League games here. They were beaten in the Carabao Cup here, but it’s hard to read too much into that given the way the clubs view it these days. There’s no doubt that Chelsea have been the better side this season, and United are unreliable.
United are slowly turning into Arsenal. Although Arsenal have got even worse lately – United are now poor under pressure away from home, and you never really know what you’re going to expect from them. It’s a big cliché, but someone like Roy Keane is badly needed in this side. There’s lots of opinions on Paul Pogba, but United really need an enforcer in midfield and they just don’t have it.
Chelsea are a tempting bet at 1.9 given how poor United have been, however they arrive here without a win in their last three and that has to be a worry. While they have been impressive at times, they’ve also slipped up against sides they really should be beating and perhaps United can bore them to a draw here. With United creating little up front and a draw a reasonably good result for them here, we can see them being quite negative. It will take Chelsea a while to break them down and with under 2.5 goals trading a shade of odds against at 2.04 we’re happy to back that.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Under 2.5 goals at 2.04.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQchlmun
- Chelsea have lost just one of their last 17 Premier League home games against Manchester United (W10 D6), and are unbeaten in their last six since a 2-3 loss in October 2012.
- Following their 4-0 victory at Old Trafford on the opening weekend, Man Utd are looking to secure their first league double over Chelsea since the 1987-88 campaign.
- Manchester United have already won 2-1 at Stamford Bridge in the League Cup this season – the last team to win away at Chelsea twice in the same season were Liverpool in 2011-12.
- This is the 11th time in top-flight history that Chelsea and Manchester United are meeting on a Monday – the Blues have won none of the previous 10 (D4 L6) with the last such game finishing 0-0 in December 2015.
- Manchester United have lost each of their last three Premier League games in London, each time by a 0-2 scoreline (2 vs Arsenal, 1 vs West Ham). The Red Devils haven’t lost four consecutive league games in the capital since a run of five between April 1973-January 1974.
- Chelsea are winless in three Premier League games (D2 L1), last going four without a win in the competition in May 2016.
- Manchester United have taken just four points from 15 available in the Premier League so far in 2020 – only Crystal Palace (3) have earned fewer.
- Manchester United have failed to score in four of their last five Premier League games, including each of the last three in a row. They last failed to score in four consecutive league games back in April 1989.
- Chelsea have had 186 more shots than they’ve faced in the Premier League this season (407-221) – coming into the weekend’s games, only Man City (310) have a higher such difference in the competition this term.
- Eight of Tammy Abraham’s 13 Premier League goals this season have given Chelsea the lead in a match – no other player’s goals has put their side ahead more often this term.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.