PREMIER LEAGUE MONDAY: We preview Monday’s Premier League game between SHEFFIELD UNITED v ARSENAL with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended stats.
SHEFFIELD UNITED V ARSENAL
8pm We have Monday Night Football to enjoy this week as Sheffield United host Arsenal. Sheffield United sat beside Manchester United in the table heading into the International Break – both with nine points and probably look like they have more confidence than Manchester United! It’s fair to say that they haven’t looked like a side who were odds on to go down at the start of the season, and they must be reasonable hopeful of staying up now.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Sheffield United 4.1, Arsenal 1.97 and the draw is 3.9. Obviously we face the same question every time Arsenal are odds on away from home – can you trust them? We haven’t seen anything other than the “same old” Arsenal this season. Struggling to win away games and looking poor under pressure.
The home side were able to give Premier League leaders Liverpool a difficult time in their last home fixture. Ultimately losing 1-0 but it’s hard to see how anyone can stop Liverpool at the moment – they look clear Premier League winners. More worrying is the fact that they lost to Sunderland in the League Cup and Southampton here recently.
Arsenal games have been excellent viewing for the neutral fan this season. They have been impressive going forward but always leaking goals at the back. We can see Sheffield United causing them some problems but Arsenal should outscore the home side here. The 1.97 looks more than a few ticks too big – we feel that it should be closer to 1.9 and while we may see plenty of drama and goals, we like Arsenal at 1.97 to come out on top.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Arsenal to beat Sheffield United at 1.97.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQshears
- Sheffield United are unbeaten in their last four top-flight home games against Arsenal (W1 D3) since a 0-2 loss in April 1991. However, this is their first such meeting since December 2006.
- Arsenal have played more Premier League games at Bramall Lane without victory than they have any other ground in the competition (3 – D2 L1).
- Arsenal have won their last seven Premier League games in Yorkshire – the longest winning run by an away side in the county in English top-flight history.
- Sheffield United have lost their last three Premier League home games. They last lost four in a row at home in league competition in April 1965.
- Arsenal are winless in their three away league games since beating Newcastle on the opening weekend (D2 L1). Under Unai Emery, the Gunners have kept just two clean sheets in 23 away Premier League matches (1-0 at Watford and 1-0 at Newcastle).
- Arsenal have lost just one of their last 11 Premier League matches on a Monday (W8 D2), going down 0-3 against Crystal Palace in April 2017.
- Sheffield United haven’t lost a league game on a Monday since January 2012 (2-3 vs Carlisle), winning six and drawing six since. This is their first top-flight game on Monday since January 2007 (1-3 vs Middlesbrough).
- Sheffield United have scored just one goal before half-time in the Premier League this season, fewer than any other side. All seven of their goals have also all been scored by different players, including benefitting from two own goals.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 49 goals in 75 games for Arsenal in all competitions – a goal here would see him become the sixth fastest player to reach the 50 milestone for the Gunners.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 80% of Arsenal’s Premier League away goals this season (4/5), with Lucas Torreira netting the other.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.