PREMIER LEAGUE MONDAY: We preview Monday’s Premier League game between WATFORD v ARSENAL with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended stats.
WATFORD V ARSENAL
8pm Another Arsenal away game and it’s the same question yet again – do you trust them away from home? They have yet to keep a clean sheet away from home this season and although they started the season in solid form away from home; old habits have now crept back in. Over the whole season, they’ve managed just five away wins in the Premier League and Watford are in good form at home too – they’ve won their last three and are unbeaten in their last five.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Watford 3.45, Arsenal 2.2 and the draw is 3.8. Obviously every game is a “must win” game for Arsenal given the situation in the race for a Top Four finish. Chelsea lost ground when losing to Liverpool yesterday but we saw wins for Spurs and Manchester United this weekend so Arsenal go into this tie in 6th position. They do have a game in hand over Chelsea once this game is completed, and a win would put them above Chelsea and into fourth – but 2.2 is massively short.
They looked very tame recently when losing 1-0 away from home against Everton and although they beat Napoli since – that came at home and obviously they are a different animal in front of their own fans. We simply can’t trust them away from home and with Watford looking some excellent football – they’re into the FA Cup Final too – we can’t get away from the Arsenal lay at 2.2. It’s a fantastic value bet given their away troubles.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Arsenal at 2.2.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQWtdArl
- Watford have lost four of their previous five home games against Arsenal in the Premier League, but did beat the Gunners in their most recent such encounter last season (2-1).
- Arsenal have not lost back-to-back away league games at Watford since a run of three straight defeats ending in November 1987.
- None of the 11 previous Premier League meetings between Watford and Arsenal have ended in a draw (nine wins for Arsenal, two for Watford); only four fixtures in the competition have been played more often without ever sharing the spoils (Manchester United v Wigan (16), Aston Villa v Derby (14), Derby v Leicester (12) and Manchester United v Watford (12)).
- Watford have only won two of their 15 Premier League games when playing on a Monday (D5 L8); a 4-2 win over Portsmouth in April 2007 and a 4-1 victory against Chelsea in February 2018.
- Arsenal have won seven of their last eight Premier League games on a Monday, losing only against Crystal Palace in April 2017 in that run.
- Watford are unbeaten in their last five Premier League home games, winning the last three in a row (D2). They last won four in a row at Vicarage Road within the same top-flight season back in December 1986.
- Arsenal are yet to keep a clean sheet away from home in the Premier League this season (15 games). They last had a longer run without a clean sheet on the road in the top-flight between April 1984-February 1985 (16 games).
- Just one of Arsenal’s five Premier League away wins this season has come against a side starting the day higher than 16th place in the table, with the Gunners beating 8th placed Bournemouth 2-1 in November.
- Watford’s Troy Deeney has scored nine Premier League goals this season, only netting more in the 2015-16 (13) and 2016-17 (10) campaigns. He could become just the third player to score 10+ goals in three different top-flight seasons for the Hornets after Luther Blissett (3) and John Barnes (4).
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is Arsenal’s highest Premier League goalscorer this season with 17 goals. However, he’s not netted in any of his last five away from home since a goal at Brighton on Boxing Day.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.