PREMIER LEAGUE MONDAY: We preview Monday’s Premier League game between WEST HAM v LIVERPOOL with extended stats and a BETDAQ recommended bet.
WEST HAM V LIVERPOOL
8pm Premier League leaders Liverpool travel to London to take on West Ham for Monday Night Football this week and the big question is; will they handle the pressure after Manchester City closed the gap yesterday? Liverpool fans must be sick of the pressure and ‘bottling’ talk after failing to beat Leicester at home but the only way to stop those questions is to keep winning games like this.
Liverpool are heavy odds on favourites with the match odds at the time of writing currently trading; West Ham 9.6, Liverpool 1.39 and the draw is 5.6. It’s fair to say that West Ham have been very in and out this season – unpredictable might be a word to describe them. They have shown signs of brilliance however they haven’t put a run of performances together.
The Hammers arrive into this clash off the back of three losses to Wolves, Wimbledon and Bournemouth – however they beat Arsenal before that run! Those three games came away from home and while this is a tricky game on paper for Liverpool; they should ultimately win. Liverpool have won their last two trips here by an aggregate score of 8-1 – perhaps with the title pressure they won’t run out such big winners, however it’s hard to see them not getting the job done.
The 1.39 on Liverpool looks very short though and with West Ham playing some solid football at home this season – they beat Arsenal and Manchester United here; and also stopped Chelsea from winning – we feel the value is with The Hammers on the handicap. They’re trading 1.95 +1.5 goals and we feel that they can keep this one close. Looking at the stats, Liverpool always improve in the second half so we feel that West Ham can keep this one close until late on when Liverpool will ultimately find a winner. We couldn’t put anyone off the Liverpool lay at 1.39 though as it looks very short however the handicap appeals as better value.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
West Ham +1.5 goals to beat Liverpool at 1.95.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQWhuLvr
- o West Ham have lost their last four Premier League matches against Liverpool, conceding exactly four times in each defeat (0-4, 1-4, 1-4, 0-4).
- Liverpool have won both of their Premier League matches at the London Stadium against West Ham – they haven’t won three consecutive away league games against the Hammers since January 2007.
- Liverpool have scored four times in each of their last four Premier League games against West Ham; in top-flight history, only twice has a team scored four or more goals in five consecutive matches against an opponent – Sunderland vs Manchester United (five between 1893 and 1906) and Arsenal vs Middlesbrough (seven between 1930 and 1933).
- In their 0-3 defeat at Wolves, West Ham failed to register a shot on target in a Premier League match for the first time since December 2017 against Arsenal; it was also the first time a side managed by Manuel Pellegrini had failed to attempt an effort on target in a Premier League game.
- Liverpool have kept six clean sheets away from home in the Premier League this season, one more than they did in the whole of 2017-18. They last kept more on the road in the 2014-15 campaign (8).
- All seven of the Premier League goals conceded by West Ham in 2019 have been scored in the second half of matches.
- West Ham are looking to win three consecutive matches in all competitions at the London Stadium for the first time in what will be their 61 st match at the stadium.
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has been involved in five goals in three Premier League appearances against West Ham (four goals, one assist).
- West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini has lost more Premier League games against Liverpool (5) than he has against any other club, losing all three against Jurgen Klopp.
- Mohamed Salah is currently on 48 Premier League goals for Liverpool. He’d be the fastest player to reach 50 with a certain club if he bags twice here (this would be his 61 st game).
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.