PREMIER LEAGUE MONDAY: We preview Monday’s Premier League game with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended stats for WOLVES v MAN U.
WOLVES V MANCHESTER UNITED
8pm What a cracker we have for Monday Night Football this week! Wolves host Manchester United after beating them twice here last season – once in the FA Cup and once in the Premier League. United started their campaign with a bang with a 4-0 hammering of Chelsea; but this is a totally different challenge tonight. As we seen last season, this is a hard place to come and win – are United up to the task?
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Wolves 3.3, Manchester United 2.48 and the draw is 3.4. While Wolves won both games here between the sides last season, it’s also worth noting that they came away from Old Trafford with a draw. United haven’t exactly added to their squad during the summer; although Harry Maguire is obviously a big help at the back. We see can United struggling to outscore Wolves again here though and 2.48 looks a little short.
Wolves were very impressive last season, especially in front of their own fans and although they were only able to come away from Leicester with a 0-0 draw on the opening weekend – they’ve scored eight goals over two legs in the Third Round of Europa League qualifying. United have had their troubles away from home for a while now and we have to lay them at 2.48. The Wolves price is tempting at 3.3 but United look at least ten ticks too short at 2.48 and we’re very happy to lay those odds.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Manchester United at 2.48.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQWlvMnu
- Wolves lost none of their three games against Manchester United in all competitions last season (W2 D1 L0), winning both of their games at Molineux against the Red Devils.
- In the Premier League, Wolves are one of only four teams Man Utd have faced away from home five or more times and lost more games than they’ve won (W2 D0 L3), along with
Chelsea, Arsenal and Sheffield Wednesday.
- Man Utd lost 2-3 to Brighton in their first away league match last season – they haven’t done so in consecutive seasons since 1980-81 and 1981-82, with one of those defeats coming against Wolves.
- Wolves are unbeaten in eight Premier League home games (W6 D2), a run which includes a victory over Manchester United. Wolves are looking to win three consecutive top-flight games at Molineux for the first time since November 1980.
- Manchester United are winless in their last four Premier League away games (D1 L3). They last had a longer such run on the road between April-November 2014 (seven games under David Moyes, Ryan Giggs and Louis van Gaal).
- Wolves have never won a Premier League game on a Monday in five previous attempts (D1 L4). Only Hull (10) have played more Monday games in the competition without winning.
- Manchester United have won more Premier League games on a Monday than any other side (43). In fact, they’ve won 68% of their Monday games in the competition (43/63), the highest win rate for any team on a specific day of the week (min. 10 games on that day).
- Ole Gunnar Solskjær has lost all three of his games against Wolves in all competitions – as well as two defeats with Man Utd last season, he lost with Cardiff City in August 2014.
- Wolves’ Raúl Jiménez was involved in seven Premier League goals against ‘big six’ sides last season (4 goals, 3 assists). Only Sergio Aguero (9) and Raheem Sterling (8) were involved in more.
- Anthony Martial has scored 49 goals for Manchester United in all competitions, more than any other player at the club in that time. He could become the 53 rd player to reach a half-century for the club.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.