PREMIER LEAGUE MONDAY: We preview Monday’s Premier League game between WOLVES v NEWCASTLE with extended stats and BETDAQ recommended bets.
WOLVERHAMPTON V NEWCASTLE
8pm This might not be the most glamorous Monday Night Football however it’s a fascinating clash nonetheless; especially after the results this weekend. Cardiff beating Southampton now means that Newcastle have the same amount of points as the team in 18th (Southampton) and are very much in a massive fight to stay up. Three points here could push them up to as high as 14th, while for Wolves three points would send them four points clear of the team in 8th position and you have to say that 7th would be a wonderful year for Wolves after coming up from the Championship.
Wolves are odds on favourites with the match odds at the time of writing currently trading; Wolverhampton 1.83, Newcastle 5.5 and the draw is 3.65. Wolves arrive into this fixture in excellent form; they’ve banged in 15 goals in their last five games in all competitions and they’ve won their last three in the Premier League – scoring three or more goals in each game. Newcastle obviously got a huge boost when shocking Manchester City recently and they came very close to getting a result away to Spurs too – they are in good form at the moment and battling hard to stay up so this should be an excellent game.
The goals market is fascinating – obviously Wolves are scoring for fun at the moment however only Liverpool and Manchester United have managed to score more than twice against them away from home – they are very well set up at the back and Wolves will have a tough job breaking them down. Looking at the odds though, we simply have to be on overs. Over 2.5 goals is trading 2.34 which looks cracking value; while Newcastle have been solid at the back they’ve still had over 2.5 goals in four of their last six games in all competitions and with Wolves scoring plenty of goals the 2.34 looks very much worth backing.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Over 2.5 goals at 2.34.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQWolNew
- Wolves, who won the reverse fixture back in December, are looking to achieve a league double over Newcastle for the first time since the 1991-92 campaign.
- Newcastle have lost only two of their last 10 meetings with Wolves in all competitions (W4 D4).
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last four away games against Wolves in all competitions (W2 D2), winning the last two. They have never won three consecutive away matches against Wolves.
- Wolves have lost all four of their Premier League games played on a Monday, last winning such a top-flight match in May 1984 (1-0 vs Leicester).
- After a run of 10 straight Premier League defeats in games played on Monday, Newcastle have won two of their last three such matches, including their last one at Burnley in November.
- Wolves are looking to win four consecutive top-flight games for the first time since January 1972. They’ve scored a total of 10 goals in their last three games
- Newcastle have won six points from their last three Premier League games (W2 D0 L1), as many as they had in their previous nine in the competition (W1 D3 L5).
- Raul Jimenez is Wolves’ highest Premier League goalscorer this season with nine. He could become just the second Mexican player to reach double figures in a single Premier League campaign (Javier Hernandez in 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13).
- João Moutinho has registered five assists in his last three Premier League games, providing the assist for 50% of Wolves’ total goals in that time (5/10).
- Jose Salomon Rondon’s six Premier League goals have been worth nine points to Newcastle this season, with each of his goals being worth at least one point in every game he’s scored.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.