PREMIER LEAGUE SATURDAY: We look ahead to Saturday’s Premier League games with extended stats and recommended BETDAQ bets.
WEST HAM V ARSENAL
12.30pm The weekend’s Premier League action kicks off with a London Derby as West Ham host Arsenal at the London Stadium. West Ham’s recent form has been up and down, a win over Birmingham in the F.A. Cup followed a run of two wins in five in the league. Failing to beat the likes of Brighton and Watford at home has left The Hammers 10th, but a win on Saturday could kickstart a push for Europa League football. Meanwhile Arsenal have recovered well from their humiliation at Anfield, beating both Fulham and Blackpool by three goals. The Gunners’ only two losses in their last five have come at the hands of top six opponents, so punters shouldn’t be too afraid to trust them this weekend.
- West Ham United have won one of their last 21 Premier League matches against Arsenal (D4 L16), a 2-0 win at the Emirates in August 2015.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in 11 away matches at West Ham in all competitions (W8 D3) since losing 0-1 in the Premier League in November 2006.
- West Ham have lost more Premier League games against Arsenal (29) than they have against any other side.
- 15 of the last 17 goals scored in Premier League matches between West Ham and Arsenal have been scored in the second half.
- West Ham have conceded at least once in their last eight home Premier League games, their longest run without a clean sheet in the top-flight since a run of 12 between April and December 2009.
- Arsenal haven’t failed to score in a Premier League game since the opening game of the season against Man City (0-2), netting in their last 20 matches in the competition.
- Arsenal are looking to win three consecutive Premier League London derbies for the first time since March 2015, the third win of which came against West Ham.
- Arsenal manager Unai Emery has never won away from home against Manuel Pellegrini in all competitions during his managerial career (P6 W0 D2 L4).
- Andy Carroll has scored four times in his last two home Premier League appearances for West Ham United against Arsenal, scoring a hat-trick in April 2016 at Upton Park and a consolation goal in a 1-5 defeat at London Stadium in December 2016.
- Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored in each of his last four Premier League London derby matches, netting six goals in total while also providing two assists.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Back Arsenal at 2.1.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQWHUARS
BRIGHTON V LIVERPOOL
3pm Back-to-back losses has made it a tough start to 2019 for league leaders Liverpool, but they have a chance to change that and extend their lead at the top to seven points when they visit The Amex Stadium on Saturday. Brighton, however, will be no pushovers and are unbeaten in four, a run that includes a 1-0 win at home over the blue half of Merseyside, Everton. One issue Jurgen Klopp will have to address is the centre-back position as it seems he will be without Joe Gomez, Joel Matip and Dejan Lovren. As good a chance as any for Brighton to get on the scoresheet you would think.
- Brighton have lost their last six matches against Liverpool in all competitions, including all three Premier League matches by an aggregate score of 1-10.
- Liverpool have never lost away at Brighton in the top-flight (P5 W2 D3 L0), with the five previous meetings featuring 25 goals (16 for Liverpool, 9 for Brighton).
- Liverpool are looking to win their first four Premier League meetings against an opponent for the fifth time, and the first since March 2015 when they did so against Burnley (also against QPR, West Brom and Wigan Athletic).
- Five of Brighton’s six Premier League home defeats have come against ‘big six’ sides; this will be their first ever Premier League home match against a side starting the day top.
- Liverpool have won their last eight Premier League games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday, winning seven of those by a margin of at least three goals.
- Liverpool’s 21 game unbeaten run and nine game winning run in the Premier League came to an end against Man City last time out. They’ve not lost consecutive games in the competition since September 2015 under Brendan Rodgers.
- Only one manager in Premier League history has a worse 100% defeat percentage against Liverpool than Brighton boss Chris Hughton’s record of six defeats in six matches – Gary Megson, who lost nine out of nine games against the Reds.
- Of the 209 Premier League players to have been involved in 100+ duels this season in the competition, Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk has the highest proportion of duels won (75.2%). Only one player in the competition has a superior aerial duel won % than he has (100+ aerial competed) and that is Brighton defender Shane Duffy.
- Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has scored twice and assisted twice in his three Premier League appearances against Brighton.
- Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino has scored four goals in his last two Premier League appearances – as many as he had in his first 19 in the competition this season.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Back BTTS at 2.22.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQBRILIV
BURNLEY V FULHAM
3pm Burnley have been doing well this season to keep out of the relegation zone, while Fulham remain second from bottom. However, an away win this weekend can move them to within a point of 16th place. Claudio Ranieri’s men bowed out of the FA Cup Third Round after a shocking 2-1 home defeat against League Two side Oldham. Ranieri remains hopeful for his club, saying “I’m positive because I believe in this team and this club.” Burnley are definitely the more experienced team in this league, and they haven’t lost to Fulham at home since 1951. Burnley have the edge in this match and it’s entirely possible Fulham could be knocked further down the ladder.
- Burnley are unbeaten in their last 29 home matches against Fulham in all competitions (W24 D5) since a 0-2 defeat in the top-flight in April 1951.
- Although this is the 43rd league season these sides have faced, Fulham are looking to complete a league double over Burnley for only the fifth time, and the first time since the 1950-51 campaign.
- Burnley have won their last two Premier League games, picking up more points (6) than they had in their previous 12 in the competition (5 – W1 D2 L9).
- Fulham are the only Premier League side yet to win away from home this season (W0 D2 L9), conceding more goals than any other side on the road (28).
- All three of Fulham’s Premier League wins this season have been against sides starting the day in the bottom four (17th or lower) – Burnley are 16th coming into this game.
- Burnley have only lost one of their last 13 Premier League games against sides in the relegation zone (W6 D6), though it was in the reverse fixture against Fulham this season.
- Fulham have had just five different goalscorers in the Premier League this season (excluding own goals), fewer than any other side.
- André Schürrle had 11 shots for Fulham (scoring once) against Burnley in this season’s reverse league fixture, the most shots by a player in a single Premier League game during 2018-19.
- Burnley striker Chris Wood has scored three goals in five appearances against Fulham in all competitions – although he has failed to score in his two most recent games against the Cottagers.
- Burnley’s Chris Wood has scored in his last two Premier League games, after scoring in just one of his first 19 this season.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Fulham at 3.4.
You can view all markets here ->http://bit.ly/BDQBURFUL
CHELSEA V NEWCASTLE UNITED
5.30pm Chelsea have experienced a bit of a dry spell in recent weeks, with no goals in their last two games. Maurizio Sarri knows there is a problem and is actively looking for a solution. Luckily for the Blues, Newcastle have serious problems of their own. On top of only winning one of their last eight games, the Magpies have lost nine games to the ‘big six’. In every one of their last six meetings, there has been three or more goals scored. Chelsea will be looking for plenty of goals to reassure fans of their scoring capabilities, but with Morata a doubt due to injury and Fabregas gone to Monaco, they may have difficulty finding the net.
- Chelsea have lost only one of their 23 home Premier League games against Newcastle (W16 D6), a 0-2 defeat in May 2012 under Roberto Di Matteo.
- Newcastle United have lost their last six visits to Stamford Bridge against Chelsea in all competitions, scoring just twice while conceding 18 goals.
- Chelsea have failed to score in their last two Premier League home games. They haven’t gone three without a goal in the top-flight since November 1993 under Glenn Hoddle.
- Newcastle are winless in 12 away league games against ‘big six’ sides (D1 L11), losing the last nine in a row.
- Only Liverpool (3) have conceded fewer home goals in the Premier League than Chelsea this season (8).
- Newcastle have scored just four goals in their last eight Premier League games, failing to find the net in three of the last four.
- Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez has won just one of his 14 away matches against Chelsea in all competitions (D4 L9), a 1-0 victory with Liverpool in the Premier League in October 2008.
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has scored six goals and assisted one in five Premier League appearances at Stamford Bridge against Newcastle.
- Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has scored more Premier League goals against Newcastle than he has against any other side in the competition (8). However, those eight goals all came in his first six games against them, with the Frenchman failing to score in his last five against the Magpies.
- Salomon Rondon has scored each of Newcastle’s last three away goals in the Premier League.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Back Under to Under Goals at 2.38.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQCHENEW
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.