PREMIER LEAGUE SATURDAY: We preview Saturday’s two Premier League games between SOUTHAMPTON V BURNLEY (12.30pm) and NORWICH v LIVERPOOL (5.30pm) with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
SOUTHAMPTON V BURNLEY
12.30pm The Premier League winter break continues on Saturday with only two fixtures. League leaders Liverpool travel to Norwich later but we kick things off with Southampton hosting Burnley. The Saints have been nothing short of superb since their embarrassing 9-0 defeat against Leicester and they have pulled themselves from the bottom three up to 13th. They have slipped up against the top sides; however most midtable sides do! Burnley actually have the same amount of points as Southampton, and they have a very good record against the Saints.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Southampton 1.85, Burnley 5.0 and the draw is 3.75. Although Southampton have been rock solid lately, Burnley have been putting in some impressive performances. In their last three Premier League games they have beaten Leicester, Manchester United away and drawn with Arsenal. Burnley are also unbeaten in their last six league meetings with Southampton. We can only see a very close game here and we fully expect a closer game than odds of 1.85 suggest. From a value point of view, we’re happy to lay the home win.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Southampton at 1.85.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQsoubur
- Southampton are winless in their last six Premier League meetings with Burnley (D3 L3), failing to score on four occasions in that run.
- Following their 3-0 win at Turf Moor on the opening weekend, Burnley are looking to complete the league double over Southampton for the first time since 1946-47 in the second tier.
- Southampton have won fewer points in home games than any other Premier League side this season (11). It’s Saints’ lowest points tally after 12 top-flight home games since the 1991-92 campaign (10).
- Burnley are looking to keep three consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since December 2017.
- Southampton have lost two of their last three Premier League games (W1), as many as they had in their previous 10 (W6 D2 L2).
- Burnley have been leading at half-time in just four Premier League games this season – no side have been ahead at the break in fewer matches.
- Burnley are averaging 223 successful passes per game in the Premier League this season, fewer than any other side. It’s also the Clarets’ lowest in a single campaign in the competition.
- Only league leaders Liverpool (11) have kept more Premier League clean sheets this season than Burnley (9). Indeed, the Clarets have already recorded more shutouts this term than they did in the whole of 2018-19 (8).
- Burnley’s Ashley Barnes has scored more Premier League goals against Southampton than he has versus any other side (5). His five goals against Saints accounts for 56% of Burnley’s total against them in the competition (5/9).
- Danny Ings has scored 17 goals in all competitions this season – the last Southampton player to score more in a season with Saints as a top-flight club was James Beattie in 2002-03 (24).
NORWICH V LIVERPOOL
5.30pm First meet last in the Premier League on Saturday evening and both gaps appear to be getting bigger. Norwich are now six points away from the team in 19th and with every week their chances of even getting into a battle to stay up decrease. Liverpool have basically already won the league and we are all just waiting to see by how far they win. They have been absolutely excellent this season and will surely break records.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Norwich 12.5, Liverpool 1.3 and the draw is 6.6. Norwich did shock Manchester City here to win very early in the season; perhaps the first sign that City weren’t performing at their best this season, however it’s very difficult to see anything other than a very easy Liverpool win here. Not only have Liverpool been scoring goals for fun this season, but their only starting to keep clean sheets too. We fully expect Liverpool to cover the handicap and we’re happy to back them at 1.87 -1.5 goals.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Liverpool -1.5 goals to beat Norwich at 1.87.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQnorliv
- After winning two of their first four Premier League meetings with Liverpool (D1 L1), Norwich are now winless in their last 13 against them in the top-flight (D2 L11).
- Liverpool have won each of their last six Premier League away games against Norwich, scoring 20 goals in the process and at least twice each time.
- Of the 359 fixtures to have been played more than 10 times in the Premier League, Norwich vs Liverpool has the highest goals-per-game average (68 goals in 17 games, 4-per-game).
- Norwich have lost 11 of their last 12 Premier League games against the side starting the day top of the table, with their only victory in that run coming against Manchester United in November 2012 (1-0).
- Liverpool have opened the scoring in each of their last 13 Premier League meetings with Norwich – in the history of the competition, only Chelsea against Portsmouth (14) have scored the first goal in more consecutive games versus an opponent.
- Liverpool have won 33 of their last 34 Premier League games, winning each of the last 16 in a row, and keeping a clean sheet in nine of their last 10. The Reds have won as many points in 2020 as Norwich have all season so far (18).
- Bottom placed Norwich are 55 points behind leaders Liverpool. This is the 13 th different Premier League match in which a side has been 55+ points behind their own opponents, and the first to have taken place as early as February.
- Since joining Liverpool in 2017-18, Mohamed Salah has scored 24 winning goals in the Premier League, at least six more than any other player. The Egyptian has also scored a league-high seven winners in the competition this season.
- Liverpool keeper Alisson is conceding on average one goal every 244 minutes in the Premier League this season – it’s the best ratio of any goalkeeper in a single season in the competition (minimum 10 games played).
- All eight of Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino’s Premier League goals this season have come away from home. In a full season in the competition, the record for most goals without scoring at home is seven (Ryan Giggs in 2001-02).
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.