PREMIER LEAGUE: We preview Saturday’s Premier League games with extended stats and recommended BETDAQ bets. What a cracker to start the day. Chelsea v Man U at 12.30pm.
CHELSEA V MANCHESTER UNITED
12.30pm The Premier League returns after the International Break and what a way to kick things off! Jose Mourinho returns to Stamford Bridge under immense pressure as United sit down in 8th position in the table. A Champions League spot already looks gone looking at the way the other top clubs are playing and embarrassing loss here will only fuel the fire on talk of him being sacked. Chelsea are odds on favourites, with the match odds at the time of writing currently trading; Chelsea 1.76, Manchester United 5.4 and the draw is 4.0. United have been playing poor football all season and they look particularly bad away from home – they are making too many mistakes at the back and in midfield to win big games like this and it’s very hard to see them winning. While a draw might be the best hope for United; it’s certainly not for Chelsea – they have been very impressive thus far this season and a win here would put them clear at the top until City play later. With the way that United have been playing we can’t see past a comfortable Chelsea win here and they look great value at 1.76.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Chelsea to beat Manchester United at 1.76.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQChlMnu
- Chelsea have lost just one of their last 16 home Premier League games against Manchester United (W10 D5 L1), a 2-3 defeat in October 2012.
- Manchester United have lost more Premier League games against Chelsea than against any other side (18), and the Blues are one of only two sides the Red Devils have lost more games against than they’ve won in the Premier League, along with Brighton.
- In all competitions, Man Utd haven’t won at Stamford Bridge since Sir Alex Ferguson retired at the end of the 2012-13 season (P6 W0 D1 L5), losing the last three trips by an aggregate score of 0-6.
- Games between Chelsea and Manchester United in the Premier League have produced 232 yellow cards – 17 more than any other fixture in the competition’s history.
- Chelsea are looking to remain unbeaten in their first nine games to a Premier League season for the third time, also doing so in their title winning seasons of 2005-06 and 2014-15.
- Manchester United have lost three of their last six Premier League away games, winning two and drawing one.
- Manchester United have lost eight of their last 13 Premier League games in London (W4 D1) – as many as they’d lost in their previous 39 visits to the capital (W18 D13 L8).
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho has lost four of his last five away matches in all competitions against sides he’s formerly managed, including all three at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea as Man Utd manager.
- As well as being the highest scorer in the Premier League this season with seven goals, Chelsea’s Eden Hazard is the first player to record 10 goal involvements in the competition this season (7 goals, 3 assists).
- No player has provided more Premier League assists this season than Chelsea’s Olivier Giroud (4).
BOURNEMOUTH V SOUTHAMPTON
3pm Bournemouth don’t have a good record against Southampton; winning one of their last six league games against them, however they come into this game in great form. Apart from a shock 4-0 defeat against Burnley, they have been winning games easily and scoring lots of goals – they currently sit 6th in the table and will be aiming for a Europa League spot if their good form continues. It looks like Southampton haven’t improved much from their battle to stay up last season and they will face another tough test to stay up against this season. The bottom three look very poor; so perhaps they won’t be under the same amount of stress as last season however they just aren’t scoring enough goals to win games at the moment. Bournemouth are a team in form and with home advantage; they can collect all three points here.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Bournemouth to beat Southampton at 2.1.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQBmtSou
- Bournemouth have won just one of their six Premier League matches against Southampton (W1 D2 L3), their first home game against them in March 2016.
- In all competitions, Southampton have lost just two of their last 14 games against Bournemouth (W8 D4 L2), winning their most recent meeting in the Premier League in April.
- Bournemouth have won 22 points from their last 30 available in the Premier League (W7 D1 L2).
- Bournemouth have lost just one of their last eight home Premier League games (W5 D2) and are unbeaten in their last five at the Vitality Stadium (W4 D1).
- Southampton have lost their last three Premier League games by an aggregate score of 0-8. They last lost four in a row without scoring in the top-flight back in December 1993.
- Bournemouth are looking to win five consecutive home games in all competitions for the first time since November 2014.
- Only Manchester City (174) and Chelsea (142) have had more shots than Southampton in the Premier League this season (116). However, Saints have scored just six goals giving them the second lowest conversion rate in the competition so far (5.2%, behind only Cardiff).
- Bournemouth’s opponents have been shown three red cards in the Premier League this season (Leicester, Everton and Watford), more than any other side.
- Only Eden Hazard (10) has been directly involved in more Premier League goals this season than Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson (3 goals, 4 assists).
- Danny Ings has scored four goals in his eight games in all competitions for Southampton, equating to 50% of Saints’ total goals scored so far this season.
CARDIFF V FULHAM
3pm The Premier League new boys face each other on Saturday and it’s fair to say that Fulham have settled into life in the Premier League better than Cardiff. They both sit in the bottom four, however Fulham have three more points than Cardiff and have looked much the better side. Cardiff are rock bottom and are also sitting 20th for a lot of stats in the league this season – goals scored and chances created is always an important stat and Cardiff are really struggling. It’s early in the season but it already looks like they will be going back down. We feel that this will be a close game with Cardiff having home advantage; however they look too short at 2.52 against a Fulham side who play some good football. The draw is likely here and 3.55 looks a shade of value but we’re very happy to lay Cardiff at the odds.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Cardiff at 2.52.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQCarFlm
- Cardiff City and Fulham have met in the Premier League twice previously – the Bluebirds won both games against the Cottagers during the 2013-14 season.
- Fulham are without a clean sheet in their last 21 matches against Cardiff in all competitions – however, they haven’t lost any of their previous seven games against the Bluebirds (W3 D4 L0).
- Fulham are the only team that Cardiff have beaten more than once in the Premier League (two wins) – in the top-flight, they’ve won four of their six meetings with the Cottagers (P6 W4 D1 L1).
- In the last nine meetings between Cardiff and Fulham in all competitions, the side scoring first has gone on to win just twice (W2 D5 L2).
- Cardiff are winless in their last 12 Premier League games (D3 L9), losing the last five in a row. They last lost six consecutive games in league competition back in November 1985.
- Cardiff are winless in their last eight Premier League home games (D2 L6), shipping 22 goals in that run. The last side they beat in the competition at the Cardiff City Stadium were Fulham (3-1 in March 2014).
- Fulham have conceded 21 goals in the Premier League this season, four more than any other side. The last team to concede more in their first eight games of the season were Southampton in 2012-13 (24).
- Fulham have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 22 Premier League away games. The last team to concede in more consecutively were Queens Park Rangers (23 between October 2011 and November 2012).
- Cardiff manager Neil Warnock has won just one of his last 10 matches against Fulham in all competitions (P10 W1 D4 L5).
- Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon has scored in all four of his matches in all competitions against Cardiff for the Cottagers, scoring a goal in each match.
MANCHESTER CITY V BURNLEY
3pm Burnley have had a very slow start to the season; however they have creeped up the league table in recent weeks with wins over Bournemouth and Cardiff. The markets can’t see past an easy home win here though as Manchester City are currently trading 1.1! That’s probably the shortest price we’ve seen this season; if not the joint-shortest anyway – and these prices seem to be purely for this City side. It’s almost impossible to see past a City win here however with all the major stars they have in their side; they would have all been away from Guardiola on International Duty and sometimes it can take a couple of days to get back into the domestic team set-up. We feel that they will win; however Burnley can keep the scoreline respectable – Any Other Home Win (City to score four or more goals and win) is trading 2.3 in the Correct Score market and we’re happy to lay those odds.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Any Other Home Win at 2.3.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQMciBly
- Manchester City have won four of their eight Premier League games against Burnley (P8 W4 D3 L1), including each of their last two at the Etihad.
- Burnley are winless in 14 away league visits to Man City (P14 W0 D6 L8) since winning at Maine Road in March 1963 in a top-flight encounter.
- This will be the 100th meeting between Man City and Burnley in all competitions – City have won 44 of the previous 99, with 25 draws and 30 wins for the Clarets since their first meeting in October 1897.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 33 Premier League games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday (W29 D4). If they avoid defeat here, they’ll set a new record for longest unbeaten run at that timeslot in the competition.
- Burnley have beaten the reigning Premier League champions at least once in each of their four previous Premier League campaigns (Man Utd in 2009-10, Man City in 2014-15, Leicester in 2016-17 and Chelsea in 2017-18).
- No side has a better win rate in Premier League games against reigning top-flight champions than Burnley do, with the Clarets having won four of their eight such games (Bournemouth and Manchester United also with 50% win rates).
- Man City striker Sergio Aguero has scored six goals in six games against Burnley in all competitions, scoring in each of his three appearances against the Clarets at the Etihad (four goals).
- Sean Dyche is looking to become the first English manager to win an away Premier League match against Man City since Harry Redknapp in May 2010 (Man City 0-1 Spurs) – since then, Englishmen have taken three points from 37 visits to the Etihad (P37 W0 D3 L34), losing the last 18 in a row.
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling has been involved in 14 goals in his last 12 Premier League appearances at the Etihad (9 goals, 5 assists), scoring in all three of his home league games this season.
- Burnley’s Sam Vokes has scored in each of his last two Premier League games, last netting in three consecutively in August 2017 (a run of four).
NEWCASTLE V BRIGHTON
3pm Things are starting to look bleak for Newcastle as they sit in 19th position with only two points from eight games. If they’re going to stay up they simply have to be winning games like this one. You could say that they have been unlucky with the fixture list because they have had to play a lot of the top teams already this season – however they have had chances to collect points in games against Cardiff and Crystal Palace but only managed two 0-0 draws. They have lost all of their home games this season however Brighton’s away record is far worse – they haven’t won in 17 Premier League away games! Newcastle’s home form might be poor but they have had to play the top teams; whereas Brighton’s away form has been poor for a very long time. We feel that Newcastle can finally get off the mark here and we’re happy to back them at 2.32.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Newcastle to beat Brighton at 2.32.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQNewBgt
- This is just the third Premier League meeting between Newcastle and Brighton – Brighton won 1-0 at the Amex, while the sides shared a 0-0 draw at St. James’ Park in December 2017.
- Newcastle have won two of their last 10 matches against Brighton in all competitions (D3 L5), with both victories coming during the 2016-17 Championship season.
- Last season, Newcastle had 28 shots against Brighton in the Premier League without scoring – only Huddersfield against Swansea (37) had more without scoring against an opponent during 2017-18.
- With just two points from eight games, Newcastle have made their worst ever start to a top-flight season (adjusted to 3 points for a win). They’ve only failed to win any of their first nine top-flight games once before, back in 1898-99 when they were winless in their opening 10.
- Brighton are winless in their last 17 Premier League away games (D5 L12), scoring just seven goals in that run. It’s their longest run without a win on the road in league competition since September 1997 (18 games).
- Newcastle have lost all four of their Premier League home games this season – only three teams in English top-flight history have ever lost their first five (Man Utd 1930-31, Portsmouth in 2009-10 and Bolton in 2011-12).
- Brighton manager Chris Hughton is yet to win at St. James’ Park as an away manager against his former club in four attempts (P4 W0 D1 L3), with all matches coming in league competition.
- Only Eden Hazard (7) has scored more Premier League goals this season than Brighton’s Glenn Murray (5). However, just one of Murray’s strikes has come away from home.
- Joselu has scored two of Newcastle’s three Premier League goals at St James’ Park this season.
- Rafael Benitez has lost 11 of his 28 home Premier League games as Newcastle manager – one more than he’d lost in 127 home games at Liverpool and Chelsea combined (W86 D31 L10).
WEST HAM V TOTTENHAM
3pm This is definitely the most interesting game of the 3PM kick offs! Any London Derby is usually a good affair and this will be a tough test for Spurs. West Ham beat United here in their last home game 3-1, and although United are really struggling this season; the Hammers also managed to stop Chelsea from winning here and scored eight goals in the League Cup in between those games. They may have started the season slowly, but they have improved a lot in recent weeks. Spurs have had some tricky away games but have been grinding out results – we feel that the 1.94 on them to win here though is too short. After West Ham stopped United and Chelsea here; we feel Spurs should be odds against for this one. We see a very close game here – a lot closer than the odds suggest – and we’re happy to lay Spurs at the odds.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Tottenham at 1.94.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQWhuTtm
- West Ham have won 14 Premier League games against Tottenham – against no side have they won more (also 14 against Southampton).
- Spurs are looking to win consecutive away Premier League games against West Ham for the first time since August 2009.
- West Ham haven’t won consecutive Premier League games at the London Stadium since December 2016.
- West Ham are winless in their last seven Premier League London derbies since beating Chelsea last December (W0 D5 L2).
- Spurs have won their last four London derbies in the Premier League – they last won five consecutive top-flight London derbies in January 1961.
- Spurs have won eight of their last 11 Premier League away games (D1 L2), including four of their five on the road this season.
- After winning his first four Premier League games against Spurs by an aggregate score of 16-2, West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini has lost his last two against them in the competition, all while he was Man City manager.
- Spurs striker Harry Kane has scored seven goals in his last seven Premier League games against West Ham, scoring a brace at London Stadium in their 3-2 win last season.
- No player has scored more Premier League away goals this season than Spurs’ Harry Kane (4).
- West Ham’s Marko Arnautovic is the joint-highest Premier League goalscorer at the London Stadium (8, level with Manuel Lanzini). The Austrian has scored in three of his last four games at the ground.
WOLVERHAMPTON V WATFORD
3pm After a brilliant start to the season for Watford, they have started to fall away in recent weeks. They now come into this clash two points behind Wolves in the table; who have adjusted to life in the Premier League very impressively. Watford are without a win in five games in all competitions; including a 4-0 loss at home against Bournemouth prior to the International Break. They have had to play Untied and Arsenal in those games however Wolves managed to hold United to a 1-1 at Old Trafford recently. Wolves are playing very good football at the moment and this game seems a good time to back them as Watford slow down a bit after their fast start – we like the home win at 1.83.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Wolverhampton to beat Watford at 1.83.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQWolWat
- This is the first ever Premier League meeting between Wolves and Watford – they have, however, met twice in the top-flight during the 1983-84 season, with the Hornets triumphing 5-0 at Molineux and drawing the other 0-0.
- Watford have won just one of their last 17 away league games at Molineux against Wolves (W1 D11 L5), a 2-1 victory on the opening day of the 2007-08 season in the Championship.
- Wolves’ haul of 15 points from eight Premier League games is the best start by a promoted club in the competition since Hull in 2008-09 (17 points from 8 games).
- Only four promoted clubs have ever earned more points from their opening eight Premier League games than the 15 Wolves have this term – Blackburn in 1992-93 (17), Nottingham Forest in 1994-95 (20), Wigan in 2005-06 (16) and Hull in 2008-09 (17).
- Wolves are unbeaten in their last six Premier League games (W4 D2), winning four of their last five.
- In all competitions, Wolves have conceded just one goal in their last seven games, with that goal coming in a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.
- Watford are only the second team in Premier League history to win their opening four games of a campaign, then fail to win any of their subsequent four, after Sheffield Wednesday in 1996-97.
- Wolves are looking to win three consecutive top-flight home games for the first time since November 1980.
- Each of Wolves’ last eight Premier League goals have been scored in the second half of games.
- Troy Deeney was involved in both of Watford’s goals the last time they played a league game at Molineux, scoring and assisting in a 2-2 draw in March 2015.
HUDDERSFIELD V LIVERPOOL
5.30pm Liverpool are locked on 20 points with Chelsea and Manchester City; and they could be playing catch up if those two win earlier today. They should have no difficultly in winning this game though – indeed they are unbeaten in their last 12 games against Huddersfield. Klopp’s side have been ultra impressive thus far this season and the International Break came at a nice time after a very tough run of fixture. They may be three games without a win; however they came against Chelsea, Napoli and Manchester City. Liverpool dominated Huddersfield in their two league games last year and Huddersfield haven’t been able to score in their last six Premier League home games – we can see Liverpool running riot here and feel that they will easily cover the handicap. They’re trading 2.02 -1.5 goals which looks the best value bet of the day.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Liverpool -1.5 goals to beat Huddersfield at 2.02.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQHudLfc
- Huddersfield lost both Premier League meetings 3-0 against Liverpool last season, in what where their first league meetings with the Reds since the 1971-72 campaign.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 12 matches in all competitions against Huddersfield (W9 D3 L0) and haven’t conceded a single goal in any of their last seven against the Terriers.
- Huddersfield managed just one shot on target across their two Premier League games against Liverpool last season, and only six shots in total.
- Huddersfield have failed to score in any of their four Premier League home games this season – only Everton in 1998-99 have failed to score in any of their first five at home at the start of a Premier League campaign.
- Huddersfield have failed to score in their last six home Premier League games – only Manchester City (8 in 2006-07) have ever had a longer such run in the competition.
- Under Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool have lost five of their nine away Premier League games against teams starting the day in the relegation zone (P9 W2 D2 L5) and won none of their last six (W0 D2 L4) since a 6-0 victory at Aston Villa in February 2016.
- Liverpool have lost just one of their last 16 Premier League games (W10 D5) and are unbeaten in their last nine (W7 D2 L0).
- Huddersfield have fired in a league-low 20 shots on target in the Premier League this season, while only Man City (16) have faced fewer shots on target than Liverpool (21).
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge has already hit more goals in nine appearances in all competitions this season (4), than he did in 20 last term for Liverpool and West Brom combined (3).
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.