PREMIER LEAGUE SUNDAY: We preview Sunday’s Premier League game between EVERTON v ARSENAL with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats.
EVERTON V ARSENAL
2.05pm Everton v Arsenal takes centre stage in the Premier League on Sunday as it’s FA Cup semi-final weekend. Arsenal sat in fourth position after the results during the week, however things are very tight and they need to keep winning. They would have been happy to see United lose against Watford and they also have a game in hand over Spurs and Chelsea – so things are looking good for the Gunners at the moment, but they need to keep winning.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Everton 3.2, Arsenal 2.36 and the draw is 3.7. Arsenal might feel big at first look at 2.36 given where the sides are in the Premier League table, but then you remember that they’ve only won once in their last eight away Premier League games. This has to be a major worry as we get to the business end of the season, and while they were performing well away from home at the start of the season; old habits have been creeping back in.
Everton come into this fixture off the back of two solid 2-0 wins away against West Ham and here against Chelsea. The win here against Chelsea was impressive, and they recently held Liverpool to a scoreless draw here too. Arsenal have been playing some good football but we just can’t get away from that record away from home and the 2.36 looks a good value lay. If Everton can stop Chelsea and Liverpool from winning here; they can stop Arsenal too – we’re happy to take on Arsenal away from home at these odds.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Arsenal at 2.36.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQErtArs
- Everton have lost seven of their last eight Premier League meetings with Arsenal (W1), including the last four in a row. They last lost five consecutively against the Gunners between May 1998 and April 2000.
- Arsenal have beaten Everton 97 times in league matches – more than any side has beaten another in English Football League history.
- Arsenal have scored more Premier League goals against Everton (107) than any side has against another in the competition’s history.
- Everton’s victory against Chelsea in their last home game ended a run of 25 Premier League games without a victory against ‘big six’ sides. They last won consecutive such matches in April 2014, beating Arsenal and Manchester United.
- Arsenal are the only Premier League side without an away clean sheet so far this season. The Gunners have won just one of their last eight league games on the road (D3 L4).
- Everton have won their last two Premier League games by a 2-0 scoreline. They last won three in a row without conceding back in January 2017 under Ronald Koeman.
- Arsenal have kept three clean sheets in their last five Premier League games, more than they had in their previous 19 in the competition (2). They’re looking to secure three consecutive league shutouts for the first time since November 2017.
- Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey has been directly involved in nine goals in his last five Premier League games against Everton (6 goals, 3 assists). He’s got more goals (6) and assists (4) against Everton than he has vs any other side in the Premier League.
- Arsenal strikers Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette have each scored in both of their previous Premier League appearances against Everton.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has been involved in more Premier League goals for Everton than any other player since the start of last season (16 goals, 7 assists).
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.