PREMIER LEAGUE: We preview Sunday’s Premier League game between EVERTON v CRYSTAL PALACE with extended stats and a recommended BETDAQ bet.
EVERTON V CRYSTAL PALACE
4pm We only have the one Premier League game to enjoy this Sunday after a great day of action on Saturday! Crystal Palace would have welcomed the International Break as they were on a poor run of form prior to it – they have won just once in their last seven Premier League games. They won’t look forward to meeting Everton though as they have a poor record against them; they haven’t won in seven games against Everton in the Premier League.
Everton are odds on favourites, with the match odds at the time of writing currently trading; Everton 1.92, Crystal Palace 4.7 and the draw is 3.65. It’s fair to say that Everton have been a tricky side to get right this season – they failed to beat the struggling Huddersfield here this season and they lost against West Ham 3-1 – they also crashed out of the Carabao Cup here on penalties against Southampton. They are generally solid at home and have had more troubles away from home in recent seasons.
Crystal Palace will have to improve their recent form though if they are to get anything from this game. As we said; they have only won once in their last seven games and they haven’t exactly been playing the top teams either. They’ve lost to Wolvers, Bournemouth and Southampton while only drawing with Newcastle at home. With form like that it’s hard to see them collecting three points here – although they did managed to turn their season around last year after an International Break.
We have to see more from Palace before we consider backing them – especially away from home against a side like Everton. The home side have been tough to call; however a lot of things are in their favour today and they look good value at 1.92 – they can take full advantage of an out-of-form Crystal Palace side whom they have a great record against.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Everton to beat Crystal Palace at 1.92.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQEvePal
- Everton are unbeaten in seven Premier League games against Crystal Palace (P7 W3 D4 L0) since a 3-2 defeat at Goodison Park in September 2014.
- Crystal Palace have won more away Premier League games against Everton than against any other side (4), though they’ve won none of their last three there (D2 L1).
- 15% of the goals scored in Premier League matches between Everton and Crystal Palace have been penalties (7 of 48) – the joint-highest percentage of any fixture in the competition to have seen at least 40 goals (level with Arsenal vs Stoke).
- Everton have lost 11 of their last 14 Premier League games played on a Sunday (W1 D2 L11), with their solitary victory in that run coming against Watford last November (3-2).
- Everton are looking to record three consecutive Premier League victories for the first time since January 2017 – with the third win in that run coming at home against Crystal Palace.
- Crystal Palace have won just one of their last seven Premier League games (W1 D1 L5).
- Everton manager Marco Silva has lost both of his Premier League games against Crystal Palace, losing with Hull in May 2017 (0-4) and Watford in December 2017 (1-2).
- In all competitions, Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson has lost seven of his eight matches against Everton at Goodison Park, drawing the other.
- Everton’s Gylfi Sigurdsson has been involved in seven goals in his last six Premier League starts against Crystal Palace (three goals, four assists).
- Crystal Palace forward Christian Benteke has scored five goals in nine Premier League games against Everton – only against Sunderland (7) and Liverpool (6) has he scored more.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.