PREMIER LEAGUE SUNDAY: We preview Sunday’s two Premier League games with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended stats. It’s BOURNEMOUTH v EVERTON at 2pm and WATFORD v ARSENAL at 4.30pm.
BOURNEMOUTH V EVERTON
2pm It might not be the most glamorous Sunday afternoon in the Premier League but we have two very interesting games and betting heats nonetheless. We start with Bournemouth hosting Everton in what should be a very close game. Everton have struggled away from home in recent times; highlighted recently by their 2-0 loss away to Aston Villa. Bournemouth also have a good record against Everton; winning two and drawing two of their last four home Premier League games.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Bournemouth 3.1, Everton 2.46 and the draw is 3.6. Bournemouth definitely need to improve a little based on their performances this season; however Everton look massively short at 2.46. They have had problems away from home for a while now and we just can’t have them as short as 2.46. That looks at least 20 ticks too short and we’re very happy to lay them from a value point of view.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Everton at 2.46.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQboueve
- Bournemouth are unbeaten in all four of their Premier League home games against Everton (W2 D2), their joint-best unbeaten home record against a side in the competition (also four vs Leicester).
- Everton have only kept one clean sheet in their eight Premier League meetings with Bournemouth (2-0 in January 2019), though they’ve also only failed to score in one of those matches (0-1 in September 2016).
- Of Premier League fixtures to be played at least eight times, only Blackburn v Nottingham Forest (4) and Liverpool v Norwich (4) have a higher goals-per-game ratio than Bournemouth v Everton (3.9 – 31 goals in 8 games).
- Bournemouth haven’t lost three consecutive Premier League games since December 2018, when they lost four in a row.
- Richarlison has scored three goals in his last two Everton appearances in all competitions – as many as in his previous 16 games combined.
- Everton manager Marco Silva has lost against 22 of the 26 teams he’s faced in the Premier League but he’s yet to lose against Bournemouth (P4 W3 D1 L0).
- Bournemouth’s Josh King has been directly involved in seven goals in his seven Premier League matches against Everton (4 goals, 3 assists), only failing to score or assist a goal in his last appearance against them in January 2019.
- Everton’s Moise Kean assisted Richarlison’s first goal against Wolves – the 19-year-old could become the first teenager to assist in consecutive Premier League appearances for the Toffees since Francis Jeffers in April 1999.
- Bournemouth have conceded three times in each of their last two games, 3-1 defeats to Man City and Leicester City – since joining the top-flight in 2015, the Cherries have conceded more goals than any other Premier League side (273).
- Everton are yet to lose a Premier League game in 2019 played on Sunday (W5 D2 L0) while opponents Bournemouth have lost all three Sunday games this calendar year.
WATFORD V ARSENAL
4.30pm This is a very interesting fixture, and an even more interesting market! Watford have started the Premier League season very poorly; however does that mean you have to back Arsenal away from home? That usually comes with a wealth warning. Watford sit bottom of the Premier League table with just one point from four games and although they would have worked on tactics over the International Break – they really need to improve and fast. Arsenal have already had to play Liverpool and Spurs; but they did grind out a 1-0 win away to Newcastle with is relevant to today’s fixture considering their away form.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Watford 3.85, Arsenal 2.04 and the draw is 3.85. Arsenal look just about big enough to back at 2.04 here; although you couldn’t lump on too much. Watford were played off the park here against Brighton and West Ham – so while Arsenal are certainly dodgy away from home, the 2.04 on them is big enough to back against this Watford side.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Arsenal to beat Watford at 2.04.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQwatars
- Watford have lost five of their six Premier League home games against Arsenal, coming from behind to win the other 2-1 in October 2017.
- Arsenal have won their last three Premier League meetings with Watford, keeping a clean sheet each time. Indeed, Watford were the only side not to score against the Gunners in the Premier League last season.
- None of the 12 top-flight meetings between Watford and Arsenal at Vicarage Road have finished level – Watford won five of the first six such games (L1), while Arsenal have won five of the most recent six (L1).
- Watford haven’t lost their opening three home league matches of a season since the 1991-92 campaign – the Hornets won their opening three at Vicarage Road last season.
- Arsenal have conceded nine penalty goals in the Premier League since the start of last season – only Brighton & Hove Albion have conceded more (10).
- Watford haven’t lost five consecutive home league games since December 2013 under Gianfranco Zola in the Championship, last doing so in the top-flight in April 1988.
- Arsenal have kept just nine clean sheets in 42 Premier League matches under Unai Emery but two of those were against Watford last season.
- Since the start of the 2016-17, no player has conceded more penalties in the Premier League than Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka (five, level with José Fonte).
- Watford go into MD5 as one of two Premier League teams yet to win in 2019-20, along with Wolves (W0 D1 L3); the Hornets haven’t failed to win any of their opening five league matches of a season since 2011-12 in the Championship.
- Only Mohamed Salah (52) has been involved in more Premier League goals since Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s debut for Arsenal in February 2018 (44; 35 goals, 9 assists), with the Gabonese forward scoring the winner in Arsenal’s 1-0 win at Vicarage Road in 2018-19.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.