PREMIER LEAGUE SUNDAY: We preview Sunday’s Premier League game between SHEFFIELD UNITED v BOURNEMOUTH (2pm) with a recommended BETDAQ bet and extended match stats. Man City v West Ham has been postponed.
SHEFFIELD UNITED V BOURNEMOUTH
2pm We have two Premier League games to enjoy on Sunday afternoon and we kick things off with Sheffield United hosting Bournemouth. The home side have been excellent this season and have broken into the Top Six – if Manchester United don’t improve it looks like Sheffield United could end up playing Europa League football! A remarkable statement given that they were favourites to go down at the start of the season. Bournemouth have put together two wins at just the right time and they continue to fight for survival at the bottom of the table.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Sheffield United 1.77, Bournemouth 6.0 and the draw is 3.7. Although those two wins were massive for Bournemouth, they did come against sides towards the bottom of the table. Massive points for Bournemouth, but still questionable form when you compare that to beating a side like Sheffield United away from home. The away side had won just two games in their 17 previously and with Sheffield United flying high we expect a home win here. At 1.77, they are a confidence selection and a banker for all BETDAQ Multiples this weekend.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Sheffield United to beat Bournemouth at 1.77.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQshebou
- Sheffield United have lost just one of their 15 previous league meetings with Bournemouth (W9 D5), going down 0-1 at home in August 1987 in the second tier.
- Bournemouth’s 1-1 draw with Sheffield United on the opening weekend ended a run of seven consecutive league defeats against the Blades.
- The last three league meetings between Sheffield United and Bournemouth at Bramall Lane have produced a total of 17 goals, with the Blades winning all three by an aggregate score of 11-6.
- Sheffield United’s Premier League games have seen fewer goals than any other side in the competition this season (49), with only Liverpool conceding fewer goals than the Blades (23). However, the Yorkshire side also haven’t scored more than once in any of their last eight league games.
- Bournemouth have won their last two Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 17 in the competition (W2 D4 L11). They’ve not won three in a row within the same season since March 2016.
- Sheffield United have 36 points from their 25 Premier League games this season – just two fewer than they earned in the entirety of their last campaign in the competition (38 in 2006-07).
- Sheffield United have lost just seven of their 25 Premier League games this season, the fewest by a promoted side at this stage since Fulham in 2001-02 (6).
- Bournemouth have faced 32 shots from opponents’ high turnovers in the Premier League this season, more than any other side. They’d only faced 32 such attempts in the whole of the 2018-19 campaign (5th most).
- No Premier League side has benefitted from more Premier League own goals than Sheffield United this season (3, level with Brighton). Two of these three own goals have ended up being the winning goal in the game, including in their most recent match against Crystal Palace.
- Harry Wilson has scored 50% of Bournemouth’s 10 away goals in the Premier League this season. Only Teemu Pukki (67%) and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (64%) have scored a higher share of their teams’ goals on the road this season.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.