PREMIER LEAGUE SUPER SUNDAY: We preview Sunday’s Premier League games with recommended BETDAQ bets and extended stats. It’s ARSENAL V BOURNEMOUTH, MANCHESTER CITY V WOLVES, SOUTHAMPTON V CHELSEA and NEWCASTLE V MANCHESTER UNITED.
ARSENAL V BOURNEMOUTH
2pm We have a fascinating Super Sunday ahead and we start with Arsenal hosting Bournemouth. Obviously we all know the issues that Arsenal have been having this season – they seemingly just can’t defend! They are a lot more solid at home though, and they should be able to outclass this Bournemouth side. However, if their season so far is anything to go by it won’t be without drama!
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Arsenal 1.48, Bournemouth 7.2 and the draw is 5.1. Bournemouth are having a good season – yes they may have dropped some points but you’d expect that along the way. As we said, Arsenal should get the job done but the 1.48 looks too short. They have leaked too many goals and with Bournemouth scoring plenty – we much prefer the Arsenal lay from a value point of view. We expect Bournemouth, and the Arsenal defence, to make those odds look too short.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Arsenal at 1.48.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQasrbou
- Arsenal have won all five of their home matches against Bournemouth in all competitions (four in the Premier League, one in the League Cup).
- Bournemouth have taken only four points from eight Premier League matches against Arsenal (W1 D1 L6).
- In all competitions, Arsenal only have a better 100%-win ratio in home games against Gainsborough Trinity (8 wins), Reading (6) and Stockport County (6) than against Bournemouth (5).
- The only teams to play more away Premier League games at Arsenal than Bournemouth without winning a point (P4 W0 D0 L4) are Stoke City (10 games) and Burnley (6).
- Bournemouth have lost their last three Premier League matches in London, conceding five goals in every game. In top-flight history, no team have ever conceded 5+ in four consecutive away matches in London (Birmingham in 1957 and Sunderland 1969 also three in a row).
- Arsenal have lost just one of their last 21 Premier League home games (W16 D4), losing 2-3 against Crystal Palace in April. However, the Gunners have shipped two goals in their last two home matches, last doing so in three consecutive home games in December 2012.
- Both teams have scored in each of Bournemouth’s seven Premier League games so far this season – only three teams have both scored and conceded in their first eight matches to a Premier League campaign (Derby 8 in 2000-01, Middlesbrough 9 in 2000-01 and Leicester 9 in 2015-16).
- Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored in each of his last six Premier League games played on Sunday, netting eight goals in that run. Indeed, 26 of his 39 Premier League goals in total have been scored on Sundays, the highest ratio on that day in the competition’s history (min 20 goals).
- Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson is looking to score in five consecutive league games for the first time since March 2014 when he was at Coventry. He’s netted three goals in his four Premier League appearances against Arsenal.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could become the first Arsenal player to score as many as eight goals in the Gunners’ first eight games to a Premier League season since Dennis Bergkamp in 1997-98.
MANCHESTER CITY V WOLVES
2pm Wolves would have been delighted to have their first Premier League win last week, but they won’t be happy to have Manchester City away to follow that up! Wolves beat Watford who sit bottom of the table with home advantage, but traveling to City is a completely different task. City have an excellent record at home and they like beating Wolves too! It’s hard to see anything other than a comfortable home win and the markets agree.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Manchester City 1.14, Wolves 26.0 and the draw is 11.0. While Wolves have managed to keep things reasonably tight against the mid table sides; they did ship five goals at home to Chelsea and with City scoring 21 goals in their last six games in all competitions we feel Pep Guardiola’s men will cover the handicap. They’re currently 2.1 -2.5 goals and that looks cracking value.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Manchester City -2.5 goals to beat Wolves at 2.1.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQmciwol
- Manchester City are unbeaten in all five home Premier League matches against Wolves (W4 D1 L0), winning each of the last four.
- Wolves haven’t won a top-flight away match against Man City since December 1979, when they won 3-2; they’ve drawn one and lost six since then.
- Nine of the last 14 goals scored in Premier League meetings between Man City and Wolves have been via set-pieces (four corners, three penalties, two free-kicks), including four of the five last season.
- Wolves have lost 15 of their last 16 away top-flight matches against reigning champions – they won the other 1-0 in January 1984 against Liverpool.
- Manchester City have only failed to score in one of their last 44 home Premier League games (W39 D3 L2), a goalless draw with Huddersfield in May 2018. They’ve scored 142 goals at the Etihad in that run, netting five or more on 11 different occasions.
- Man City have won their last 10 Premier League games played on Sundays – only Chelsea (11 between April 2013-April 2014) have won more consecutively on that day.
- Wolves have picked up just one win in their last 10 away Premier League games (D4 L5), beating Watford 2-1 in April.
- Wolves have been shown a red card in their last two Premier League away games – the last side to have a player sent off in three consecutive games on the road in the competition were Blackburn in April 2011.
- Man City’s Riyad Mahrez has scored a direct free-kick goal in his last two Premier League matches (vs Watford and Everton) – only Ian Harte in 2001 and Wayne Rooney in 2013 have scored such a goal in three consecutive games. He’s also two goals away from becoming the first Algerian to reach 50 Premier League goals.
- Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne has provided eight assists in the Premier League this season, double that of any other player in the competition. The only player to assist as many as nine goals in their sides first eight games to a Premier League campaign was Cesc Fàbregas at Arsenal in 2009-10.
SOUTHAMPTON V CHELSEA
2pm Chelsea have steadied the ship in recent weeks, but this is a fascinating fixture. They may have grinded out a result away from home against Lille midweek in the Champions League – but can they repeat that against a tough Premier League side? Southampton managed to hold Manchester United to 1-1 draw here and although United aren’t what they used to be – neither are Chelsea! It’s hard to see anything other than a very close affair here.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Southampton 4.2, Chelsea 1.92 and the draw is 4.0. Chelsea have an excellent record against Southampton, only losing twice in their last 20 Premier League meetings. However this is a Chelsea side who aren’t as good as they were and they have really struggled this season. We can’t have them at odds on here and we have to lay the 1.92 from a value point of view.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Chelsea at 1.92.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQsouche
- Southampton have won only two of their last 20 Premier League meetings with Chelsea (W2 D6 L12) and are winless in the last seven (W0 D1 L6).
- Chelsea have won nine of their 12 away visits to St. Mary’s Stadium against Southampton in all competitions (W9 D2 L1), including each of the last four in a row.
- Chelsea have scored at least once in each of their last 15 away games against Southampton in all competitions (33 goals in total), last failing to find the net in a 0-1 loss in December 1997.
- Southampton have won just one point at home in the Premier League so far this season, compared to six away from home – the smallest proportion of home points won so far this term (14%).
- Southampton have found the net in each of their last 17 home Premier League games, last having a longer run in the top-flight between April 1980-December 1981 (31 games). However, Saints have only kept one clean sheet in the current run of 17.
- Southampton are yet to lose three consecutive Premier League games under Ralph Hasenhüttl, last doing so in October 2018 with Mark Hughes at the helm.
- Only Watford (33) have conceded more Premier League away goals in 2019 than Chelsea (27). However, the Blues have won their last two on the road despite conceding twice each time.
- After English players had scored their first 11 Premier League goals this season, Chelsea’s last three have been netted by a Frenchman, an Italian and a Brazilian.
- Five of Southampton striker Danny Ings’ last six Premier League goals have come against ‘big six’ opposition, including both of his strikes this season (vs Tottenham and Liverpool).
- Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has been involved in six goals in his last five appearances against Southampton in all competitions (5 goals, 1 assists).
NEWCASTLE V MANCHESTER UNITED
4.30pm This is another fascinating fixture! Especially from a betting point of view – Newcastle have been very poor this season and look like a team who could go down, but Manchester United can’t buy an away win in the Premier League and given how little they are creating in front of goal at the moment; can you back them? United are odds on favourites but that looks more than a little short given their troubles.
The match odds at the time of writing currently trade; Newcastle 4.8, Manchester United 1.92 and the draw is 3.5. When you think about the above fixture; you’d actually rather back Chelsea at 1.92 than United. Of course Newcastle have been poor but we can’t have United odds on away from home in a fixture like this. St James’ Park will be rocking for this and we can see Newcastle getting a result – with United struggling to score goals we have to lay them at 1.92. It looks the best lay of the day.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Lay Manchester United at 1.92.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQnewmun
- Newcastle United have won three of their last 31 Premier League games against Manchester United (W3 D7 L21), losing both matches during the 2018-19 campaign.
- Manchester United have won 13 away Premier League games at Newcastle – they’ve only won more away at Aston Villa (15) and Everton (16).
- Only against Arsenal (29) have Newcastle lost more Premier League games than they have against Manchester United (28, level with Liverpool).
- Manchester United are winless in their last seven away league games (D3 L4) – they last had a longer run without a win on the road in the top-flight between February and September 1989 (11 games).
- Manchester United have failed to score more than once in any of their last seven Premier League away games (4 goals in total). In the four games in which they’ve scored, they’ve netted the first goal of the match but have failed to go on and win any of those (D3 L1).
- Newcastle United have failed to win any of their opening three Premier League home games. There have been just four occasions in top-flight league history where they’ve failed to be victorious in any of their first four games at St James’ Park in a campaign, with two of those coming in the last five years (1898-99, 1905-06, 2015-16 and 2018-19).
- Newcastle boss Steve Bruce is set to take charge of his 400th game as manager in the Premier League (W111 D111 L177) – he has the lowest win percentage among managers with at least 300 games in the competition (27.8%).
- Newcastle manager Steve Bruce has managed more Premier League games against Man Utd without winning (21 – W0 D5 L16) than any manager has against an opponent in the competition’s history.
- Paul Pogba is currently on 49 goal involvements in the Premier League for Manchester United (24 goals, 25 assists) and could become the 20th player to reach 50 for the club in the competition.
- Excluding penalties, Marcus Rashford has scored with just one of his last 36 shots in the Premier League (vs Chelsea on the opening weekend), failing to find the net with any of his last 16 such shots in the competition.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.