PREMIER LEAGUE THURSDAY: We look ahead to Thursday’s Premier League action with extended stats and recommended BETDAQ bets.
MAN CITY V LIVERPOOL
8pm The wait is finally over. What better way to end the hectic Christmas schedule than to have the league’s top two teams face off in what could be a season defining game. Pep Guardiola’s side come into this game with a point to prove after a torrid Xmas saw his side only pick up one win in their last four. In fact, they begin this game in third place, one point behind Spurs, but more importantly seven behind Liverpool. A defeat would widen the gap to double digits, but with Liverpool unbeaten in the league it would be tough to bet against the Merseysiders. The betting for this game is very appealing, with City and Liverpool trading much higher than usual in the win market. Alternatively, the Under/Over Goals market is interesting, especially if you are expecting a low-scoring, cagey affair.
- Manchester City have won just one of their last 11 meetings with Liverpool in all competitions (D3 L7), although that was a 5-0 thrashing at the Etihad in the Premier League last season.
- Liverpool have only won one of their last nine league visits to the Etihad Stadium (D3 L5), winning 4-1 in Jurgen Klopp’s first away game against the Citizens since taking over the Reds. They have conceded 20 goals in those nine away games (2.2 per game).
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has lost more matches against Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp (seven) than he has against anyone else in his managerial career, although only two of those defeats have come in home games (P6 W2 D2 L2).
- February 2016 was the last time Manchester City lost consecutive home Premier League games, losing to Leicester and Spurs; manager Pep Guardiola has never lost consecutive home league games as a manager.
- Man City have won their first Premier League match of the calendar year in 11 of the last 12 years – losing the other in 2012 away at Sunderland.
- Liverpool have won only five of their last 17 matches in all competitions in January (D5 L7), with the Reds losing nine of Jurgen Klopp’s 24 matches during the month (W8 D7).
- At the end of the year, Liverpool topped the Premier League table by seven points – no team has ever failed to win the English top-flight title with such a lead coming into the new year before.
- Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero has scored in all six of his home league appearances against Liverpool (six goals), the best 100% rate of home games scored in by any player against any opponent in Premier League history.
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in five goals in his last four games against Manchester City in all competitions (three goals, two assists).
- With his hat-trick against Arsenal last time out, Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino became the highest scoring Brazilian player in Premier League history (43 goals). He’s been involved in six goals in his seven Premier League games against Man City (3 goals, 3 assists).
BETDAQ BEST BETS:
Back Liverpool to win at 3.6
Back Under 2.5 Goals at 2.24
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQMCILIV
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.