PREMIER LEAGUE WEDNESDAY: We preview Wednesday’s Premier League game between EVERTON v MAN CITY with extended stats and a BETDAQ recommended bet.
EVERTON V MANCHESTER CITY
8pm It’s great to have some midweek Premier League action Manchester City will be looking to pile the pressure on Liverpool after they draw only draw with West Ham on Monday night. A win here would put City level on points at the top, although Liverpool would have a game in hand. You could say that Everton are somewhat of a “bogey” team for City as they haven’t done a league double since 2013/14 – however a win for City here would end that run. Everton are in poor form too coming into this clash and it’s fair to say that the markets can’t see past a City win.
Pep Guardiola’s men are massive odds on favourites with the match odds at the time of writing currently trading; Everton 10.0, Manchester City 1.36 and the draw is 5.9. The games are coming up thick and fast for City; they had Arsenal at home last weekend and they have to play Chelsea next weekend too. Perhaps we might see some changes to the starting XI from Guardiola here? They can’t afford to lose any more ground on Liverpool though.
You have to say that City are too short for backing here at 1.36 – especially considering that they have lost three of their last five Premier League away games – their biggest blip in quite some time looking at the stats. The thing is though, we just don’t fancy Everton – they haven’t got solid form at home either so there isn’t much to support a shock here. Indeed everything points to a comfy City win despite their recent troubles.
With Everton struggling at home and shipping three goals against Wolves and also Millwall recently we’re going to take a chance and back Any Other Away Win (City to score four or more and win) at 4.3 in the Correct Score market. An early goal could see a floodgate open and Guardiola has an excellent head-to-head record against Silva – winning all four meetings by an aggregate score of 15-3.
BETDAQ BEST BET:
Any Other Away Win at 4.3.
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQErtMci
- Everton have won just one of their last 11 Premier League games against Manchester City (D4 L6), beating them 4-0 at Goodison Park in January 2017.
- Manchester City have won two of their last three Premier League away games against Everton (L1), as many as they had in their previous 17 (W2 D5 L10) at Goodison Park in the competition.
- Manchester City are looking to do the league double over Everton for the first time since the 2013-14 campaign, when they won the league under Manuel Pellegrini.
- Everton have lost three of their last four Premier League home games (W1) – as many as they had in their previous 23 at Goodison Park (W13 D7 L3).
- Manchester City have opened the scoring a league-high 22 different times in the Premier League this season and no side has lost more games than the Citizens after scoring first this season (3). However, Everton have won none of their 11 Premier League games in which they’ve conceded first this season (D2 L9) – only Huddersfield have failed to win more often after conceding first (16).
- Manchester City have lost three of their last five Premier League away games (W2), more than they had in their previous 34 on the road (W26 D6 L2).
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has won all four of his Premier League meetings with Everton’s Marco Silva, by an aggregate score of 15-3.
- After failing to find the net in his first eight Premier League games against them, Man City’s Raheem Sterling has scored in each of his last three against Everton in the competition.
- Everton’s Theo Walcott has scored five Premier League goals against Manchester City – only against West Ham United (6) has he scored more in the competition. Those five goals have come in his last seven appearances against the Citizens.
- Sergio Aguero has scored in each of his last four games in all competitions for Manchester City, netting six goals from eight shots on target and having played just 249 of the total 360 minutes available.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.