THE STRIKER: previews Friday’s Premier League game between CRYSTAL PALACE v NEWCASTLE with extended stats and a recommended bet.
The Striker is a professional football punter who focused solely on football in the UK. He has over ten years of experience using exchanges and he’s been a full-time professional punter for more than five years. UK football is his edge and he sticks to it!
Thankfully The Striker has agreed to share his best bets with BETDAQ Tips! He will use a staking system between one and five points to give readers a clue as to how confident he is with each individual bet. He uses his own analysis to price up matches and loves advanced stats like xG, goal stats and current form.
CRYSTAL PALACE V NEWCASTLE
8pm Crystal Palace host Newcastle for Friday Night Football this week and we should have a very competitive affair. Hopefully we can continue out excellent run of form with 15 winnings bets from the last 16! I feel this will be a competitive and close game because neither side creates a huge volume of chances. I would suggest that if either team scored twice they will be the winner – indeed they don’t score twice often! Apart from their 3-1 win at Old Trafford, Palace have been pretty dull. They are picking up points against the likes of Brighton and Fulham but you’d have to imagine they will finish in the bottom half without being in a relegation battle.
Newcastle have slipped down to 11th after losing to Southampton and Chelsea. Those two have been in great form so there’s no shame in that. Newcastle have been better than they were last season – they would have went down if the table was decided on xG but they have put together some nice performances this season. They beat Everton 2-1, Burnley 3-1 and were good on the opening weekend against West Ham. They have been lucky at times, but they just seem to keep picking up points despite their performances.
With neither side great in front of goal, the first thought it to check out the goal markets on BETDAQ Betting Exchange. I must say, under 2.5 goals jumps off the page here at 1.68. Sometimes when you get two even sides who struggle to score, we see a competitive game with goals and 2-1 scoreline for example, but I’d definitely have unders at 1.6 or lower here. If I had to select a match odds position, I would be against Crystal Palace at 2.38 just because I fully expect the game to be closer than those odds suggest. I wouldn’t rule out a 0-0 here, but unders looks like a nice bet to kick start the Premier League weekend.
The Striker Says:
Two points win Under 2.5 goals at 1.68 on BETDAQ Betting Exchange
You can view all markets here -> https://bit.ly/BDQcrynwc
- Crystal Palace have won two of their last three Premier League meetings with Newcastle (L1), as many as they had in their first 15 games against them in the competition (W2 D5 L8).
- After winning their first four Premier League away games against Crystal Palace between 1994-2013, Newcastle are winless in their last five top-flight visits to Selhurst Park against them since (D3 L2).
- There have been just seven goals scored in the last seven Premier League meetings between Crystal Palace (3 goals) and Newcastle (4), with neither side netting more than once in a match since the Eagles’ 5-1 win in November 2015.
- Crystal Palace are winless in all 12 of their top-flight league games played on Fridays (D5 L7). It’s the most games played by a club on a specific weekday without picking up a single victory in top-flight history.
- Crystal Palace have alternated between victory and defeat in their last four Premier League games, losing 0-1 against Burnley last time out.
- Newcastle have lost their last two Premier League games by a 0-2 scoreline. They’ve not lost three in a row without scoring in the competition since January 2016.
- Newcastle have lost more Premier League away games in London than any other side in the competition’s history (79). However, the Magpies are unbeaten in the capital so far this season (W1 D1), last going three without defeat in London between May 2013-January 2014 (5).
- Newcastle have had fewer shots (71) and fewer shots on target (21) than any other side in the Premier League so far this season. However, the Magpies have scored with a higher percentage of their shots on target than any other Premier League side this term (48% – 10/21).
- Newcastle have scored a league-high 80% of their Premier League goals in the second half of games this season (8/10). The Magpies have also seen a league-high 12 goals in the final 15 minutes of their games this season, scoring five and conceding seven.
- Newcastle keeper Karl Darlow has made more saves than any other Premier League keeper this season (41), while only Edouard Mendy (87.5%) has a better save percentage than Darlow (72.2%).
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.