THE STRIKER: previews the Premier League game on Saturday between ASTON VILLA v NEWCASTLE with extended stats and a recommended BETDAQ bet.
The Striker is a professional football punter who focused solely on football in the UK. He has over ten years of experience using exchanges and he’s been a full-time professional punter for more than five years. UK football is his edge and he sticks to it!
Thankfully The Striker has agreed to share his best bets with BETDAQ Tips! He will use a staking system between one and five points to give readers a clue as to how confident he is with each individual bet. He uses his own analysis to price up matches and loves advanced stats like xG, goal stats and current form.
ASTON VILLA V NEWCASTLE
8pm Just the one Premier League game on Saturday as most of the focus is on the Fourth Round of the FA Cup. The FA have taken the chance to squeeze this fixture in as both sides got knocked out of the Cup in the last round and Villa need to catch up after having a couple of games postponed due to an outbreak of Covid19 at their training ground. All football bets are 0% commission on BETDAQ Betting Exchange on Saturday, so hopefully we can find a winner!
Villa returned to action with a 2-0 loss away to Manchester City, however they wouldn’t have expected much from that fixture. This will see this game as an excellent chance to get back to winning ways after slipping into the bottom half of the table after a very strong start to the season. Newcastle are just sitting away from danger with 19 points, Fulham are seven points behind in 18th and while that is a lot Newcastle just need a couple of points to steady the ship.
Villa only created an xG of 0.70 away to City, but after a break in game and training time it should leave them spot on for this fixture. They have really impressed me this season with the volume of chances they have created. They managed an xG of 4.70 against Crystal Palace to pick out a recent game, but even against Manchester United they managed 1.78. Against a side like Newcastle who give away so many chances, it’s hard to see Villa not taking advantage.
Newcastle haven’t been creating much lately, although granted they have had a tough run of fixture. I think everything points to an easy Villa win here however, and with 0% commission on offer I’m happy to take the 1.53 on Villa.
The Striker Says:
Two points win Aston Villa to beat Newcastle at 1.53 on BETDAQ Betting Exchange
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQastnwc
- Aston Villa have won just one of their last 12 Premier League games against Newcastle (D6 L5), though they are unbeaten in four against the Magpies (W1 D3), winning 2-0 in this exact fixture last season.
- Newcastle have failed to score in their last three Premier League away games against Aston Villa (D2 L1) since winning 2-1 at Villa Park in September 2013.
- Aston Villa have scored at least three goals in three of their seven Premier League home games this season, as many as they had in their previous 62 at Villa Park before this term.
- Aston Villa are looking to keep three consecutive home clean sheets within the same Premier League campaign for the first time since December 2012 under Paul Lambert.
- Newcastle are winless in seven Premier League games (D2 L5), losing their last three in a row. The Magpies haven’t lost four consecutive Premier League games since May 2018.
- Newcastle have lost their last six away games in all competitions – they last lost more consecutively away from home between December 2015 and April 2016 (10).
- In their first seven Premier League games this season, Newcastle had converted 56% of their shots on target (10 goals from 18 shots on target). In their subsequent 11 fixtures, they’ve converted just 22% of them (8 goals from 36 shots on target).
- Having lost just one of his first eight Premier League away games against Aston Villa between 2003 and 2011 (W4 D3), Newcastle manager Steve Bruce has lost each of his last three at Villa Park (twice with Hull, once with Newcastle).
- Newcastle striker Andy Carroll scored his first ever senior career hat-trick against Aston Villa in his first appearance against the Villans back in August 2010, in a 6-0 victory for Newcastle. However, he’s failed to score in any of his subsequent six league games against them.
- After netting six goals in his first seven Premier League appearances for Newcastle, Callum Wilson has scored just two in his subsequent nine for the Magpies.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.