THE STRIKER: previews the FA Cup fourth round matches on Saturday between SOUTHAMPTON v ARSENAL and CHELTENHAM TOWN v MAN CITY both with extended stats and recommended BETDAQ bets.
The Striker is a professional football punter who focused solely on football in the UK. He has over ten years of experience using exchanges and he’s been a full-time professional punter for more than five years. UK football is his edge and he sticks to it!
Thankfully The Striker has agreed to share his best bets with BETDAQ Tips! He will use a staking system between one and five points to give readers a clue as to how confident he is with each individual bet. He uses his own analysis to price up matches and loves advanced stats like xG, goal stats and current form.
SOUTHAMPTON V ARSENAL
12.15pm We may have some massive FA Cup fixtures tomorrow but with all football bets 0% commission on BETDAQ Betting Exchange today hopefully we can find a few winners! We start with an all Premier League clash as Southampton welcome Arsenal after beating Shrewsbury on Tuesday night. I have to say I find these types of fixtures fascinating – will the sides rest players? Surely a Cup win is all Arsenal have left to play for in their season, and the same applies to Southampton too. However, given the way the Premier League sides view the FA Cup in recent years we’re bound to see a couple of changes.
Arsenal have had two impressive wins recently, both coming against the poor Newcastle but sandwiched in between them was a very unimpressive 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace and you just can’t read too much into the Newcastle wins in my opinion. Arsenal still look like a poor side to me and I’m happy to lay them at around 2.4 against a rock solid side like Southampton. Arsenal have moved up the Premier League, but Southampton are still ahead of them and they are generally very tough to beat. They managed to beat Liverpool here recently and only conceded once against Man City. I’d have Arsenal much bigger than 2.4 and it looks an excellent value lay.
The Striker Says:
Three points lay (liability) Arsenal to beat Southampton at 2.4 on BETDAQ Betting Exchange
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQSthArl
- Southampton have won just one of their last nine meetings with Arsenal in all competitions (D3 L5), a 3-2 league victory in December 2018.
- Arsenal have been victorious in all four of their previous FA Cup ties against Southampton, going on to win the trophy on the last three occasions they’ve beaten Saints (1979, 2003, 2017).
- Southampton have won just three of their last 17 FA Cup matches against Premier League opponents, beating Blackpool in 2010-11, and Watford and West Brom en route to the semi-final in 2017-18.
- Arsenal have won 11 of their last 12 FA Cup away games, losing the other at Nottingham Forest in January 2018.
- Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored in all four of his appearances in the FA Cup, netting six goals in total in the competition. The last Gunners player to score in five consecutive FA Cup appearances was Marc Overmars between May 1998 and February 1999.
CHELTENHAM TOWN V MANCHESTER CITY
5.30pm This will be a great occasion for League Two side Cheltenham Town as they welcome big boys Manchester City. It’s just a shame they can’t have a full stadium! It’s fair to say anything bar a very easy Man City win here would be a big shock, and the markets agree with them trading 1.13 at the time of writing. It won’t come as a surprise that they are the shortest price side to win this weekend! The thing about City is they can rest their entire starting XI and probably still have a side who could finish at least in the top half of the Premier League, plus you have all these players trying to get into the starting XI – so a tough evening for Cheltenham Town awaits.
This will be a case of how many rather than will City win. Cheltenham are having a reasonably good season in League Two though as they sit in sixth position – they are without a win in their last five though with four draws, so they won’t be full of confidence like a winning team would be. Given the gulf in class between the sides and all the likely changes from City, this is a game for very small stakes. I feel this will be a walk in the park for City, and the 2.34 -3 goals is worth backing on the Asian handicap with stakes void if they win by exactly three.
The Striker Says:
One point win Manchester City -3 goals Asian Handicap to beat Cheltenham Town at 2.34 on BETDAQ Betting Exchange
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQChmMci
- This will be the first ever competitive meeting between Cheltenham and Manchester City. The Robins have lost all eight of their League Cup/FA Cup meetings with Premier League opponents.
- Since losing against Wigan 0-1 in February 2018, Man City have won their last seven FA Cup games against sides from a lower division by an aggregate score of 26-4.
- Cheltenham are looking to reach the FA Cup fifth round for just the second time in their history, previously doing so in the 2001-02 campaign.
- Man City have reached the fifth round of the FA Cup in each of the last five campaigns, last losing at this stage of the competition against Middlesbrough in 2015.
- Man City’s Phil Foden has been involved in eight goals in his eight FA Cup appearances, averaging a goal or assist every 64 minutes in the competition.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.