THE STRIKER: previews the Premier League game on Thursday between Arsenal v Crystal Palace with extended stats and a recommended BETDAQ bet.
The Striker is a professional football punter who focused solely on football in the UK. He has over ten years of experience using exchanges and he’s been a full-time professional punter for more than five years. UK football is his edge and he sticks to it!
Thankfully The Striker has agreed to share his best bets with BETDAQ Tips! He will use a staking system between one and five points to give readers a clue as to how confident he is with each individual bet. He uses his own analysis to price up matches and loves advanced stats like xG, goal stats and current form.
ARSENAL V CRYSTAL PALACE
8pm We finish the midweek round of Premier League fixtures with Arsenal host Crystal Palace. Say what you want about Arsenal, but it hasn’t been dull watching them this season. They started the season with their fans saying they could finish top four, they had a mini relegation battle and now they are comfortably in mid-table. Arsenal were impressive against West Brom, but looking at the xG figures suggests they were lucky to beat Chelsea and Brighton.
At the start of the season when Arsenal when winning, their xG figures said they weren’t playing good football. I feel they haven’t really changed on season, their results have just gone their way on certain occasions. I feel they are still a poor side, but with four wins on the bounce they now have confidence, and the reality is they aren’t going to be truly tested tonight against Crystal Palace.
The xG figures might be worrying for Arsenal, but they are very worrying for Palace. Their last five Premier League games read; 0.61, 0.41, 0.98, 0.46 and 0.61. They have been conceding a host of chances too – Liverpool put seven goals by them and then Aston Villa racked up an xG of 4.70 when winning 3-0. They were very lucky to draw with Leicester as they conceded an xG of 1.93 in a draw and then they beat Sheffield United in what should have been a draw – it’s just one of those seasons for Sheffield United.
I’m not a fan of Arsenal – long-term reads will know that, however there are times to back them and tonight is one of those times. We landed a nice bet on them to beat West Brom and we can land another bet on them at 1.6 on BETDAQ Betting Exchange. Palace come here in very poor form and Arsenal should be able to put them away. Palace just aren’t creating the volume of chances to put Arsenal under pressure, and when you don’t put Arsenal under pressure they play their best football. Hopefully they get the job done and then we can oppose them against a better side with the headlines saying Arsenal are on a winning run.
The Striker Says:
Two points win Arsenal to beat Crystal Palace at 1.6 on BETDAQ Betting Exchange
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQarlcry
- Arsenal are winless in their last four Premier League matches against Crystal Palace (D3 L1), their longest winless run against the Eagles in the top-flight.
- In all competitions, Crystal Palace have registered just five wins in 47 previous matches against Arsenal (D14 L28), though they are unbeaten in their last two at the Emirates (W1 D1).
- Arsenal have lost their last two home Premier League matches played on Thursday, losing 0-3 to Man City in March 2018 and 1-2 to Brighton in December 2019. However, they did beat Crystal Palace the last time the sides met on a Thursday, winning 3-2 in December 2017.
- Arsenal have conceded at least once in each of their last 11 Premier League home games – they last had a longer run without a home clean sheet between October 1983 and August 1984 (18 games).
- In their 2-0 victory against Sheffield United last time out, Crystal Palace kept their first clean sheet of the season since their opening day victory against Southampton. The Eagles last recorded back-to-back Premier League shutouts between February-June 2020 (4).
- Arsenal have earned more points in Premier League London derbies this season than any of the other five sides from the capital (9). Indeed, the Gunners have won three of their four London derby matches this season, already one more than they did in the whole of 2019-20 (W2 D4 L2).
- Arsenal are looking to win four consecutive Premier League games for the first time since October 2018 (7 in a row). The Gunners have scored eight goals in their last three Premier League matches, more than they had in their previous 12 combined (7).
- Alexandre Lacazette has scored seven Premier League goals this season, more than twice as many as any other Arsenal player. The Frenchman is averaging a league goal every 124 minutes this season, and has a shot conversion rate of 30.4%, his best returns in a single campaign since joining the Gunners.
- Crystal Palace midfielder Luka Milivojevic has scored five goals in six Premier League appearances against Arsenal, with four of those coming from the penalty spot. The only player to score more Premier League penalties against the Gunners is Harry Kane (5).
- Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka has been involved in a goal in each of his last three Premier League appearances, scoring twice and assisting another. The last teenager to be involved in a goal in four straight Premier League games was Cesc Fàbregas (also with Arsenal in April 2007), while Saka could be the youngest to do so (19y 131d) since Wayne Rooney in March 2004 (18y 148d).
- Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.