THE STRIKER: previews Tuesday’s Premier League game between LEEDS v SOUTHAMPTON with extended stats and recommended BETDAQ bet.
The Striker is a professional football punter who focused solely on football in the UK. He has over ten years of experience using exchanges and he’s been a full-time professional punter for more than five years. UK football is his edge and he sticks to it!
Thankfully The Striker has agreed to share his best bets with BETDAQ Tips! He will use a staking system between one and five points to give readers a clue as to how confident he is with each individual bet. He uses his own analysis to price up matches and loves advanced stats like xG, goal stats and current form.
LEEDS V SOUTHAMPTON
6pm We have a fascinating Premier League fixture on Tuesday night from a betting point of view as Leeds host Southampton. It’s fantastic to see this game kick off at 6pm too so we can enjoy the action before the Champions League starts. Leeds are quickly becoming an Xg meme for punters who don’t like xG as they played fantastic again last Friday night but ended up losing 1-0. They created an xG of 2.73 and just couldn’t get the ball in the net. I know some punters might not like xG, but if Leeds keep playing like that they will win more games than they lose. It wasn’t a bad performance; they were just unlucky – that’s football.
Southampton managed to hold Chelsea to a 1-1 draw at the weekend to stop a run of losses in the Premier League and I have to say that was a surprise. Chelsea were playing well heading into that game and although they probably created just enough to say they should have won, there wasn’t too much in it. Southampton played well to keep them out for most of the game and it will be interesting to see what tactics they employ against this Leeds side.
Leeds have basically remained the same throughout the season – excellent going forward but loose at the back. If you were the clubs owners; fixing the issues at the back would be your only goal during the transfer window looking to the future. They have been excellent going forward and they have no issue creating chances. Despite Southampton managing a draw with Chelsea at the weekend, I still feel it’s a good time to take on Southampton and I’m happy to back Leeds at 2.3 on BETDAQ Betting Exchange.
Southampton have been really struggling at the back lately and I can see Leeds taking full advantage. Despite their results lately, they have actually been playing well and I feel the should be shorter than the current 2.3 available. I would have them around 2.16 and as I said, it seems a good time to get against Southampton looking at their recent performances.
The Striker Says:
Two points win Leeds to beat Southampton at 2.3 with BETDAQ Betting Exchange
You can view all markets here -> http://bit.ly/BDQleesou
- This is the first meeting between Leeds and Southampton in any competition since October 2012, when the Whites won a League Cup tie 3-0 at Elland Road under Neil Warnock.
- Southampton have won their last three league games against Leeds, with the most recent being a 1-0 away win in March 2012. Only once have Saints had a longer winning run against Leeds in league football (4 between 1980-1982).
- In the Premier League, Leeds have lost just one of their 12 home games against Southampton (W6 D5), going down 0-1 to a David Hirst goal in February 1998. The Whites have conceded just three goals in these 12 games, keeping nine clean sheets in the process.
- Southampton have won nine of their last 10 Premier League games against promoted sides, with the exception being a goalless draw with Fulham in their last such match.
- Leeds have lost consecutive Premier League games for the fourth time this season, though they’re yet to lose three in a row so far. They last lost three consecutive league games in November 2017.
- Leeds have won three of their four midweek Premier League fixtures this season (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), though did lose their last such game 1-2 at home to Everton earlier this month.
- No team is currently on a longer winless run in the Premier League than Southampton (7 – D1 L6). Saints have won just one of their last 12 league matches (D4 L7), with that victory coming against reigning champions Liverpool in January.
- Southampton have scored a league-high share 65% of their Premier League goals in the first half of games this season (20/31), while only Arsenal (62%) have conceded a higher share before half-time than Leeds (60% – 26/43).
- Patrick Bamford has scored in all four of Leeds’ Premier League home wins so far this season, while the Whites have won none of their seven games at Elland Road in which he hasn’t found the net (D2 L5).
- Takumi Minamino has scored two goals in his three Premier League games with Southampton, one more than he did in 19 appearances with Liverpool in the competition.
Did you know that as well as checking the realtime prices on BETDAQ below – you can also log into your account and place your bets directly into BETDAQ from BETDAQ TIPS.